Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AZBill got an enema
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TravisNeff
AZBill came by this morning and we did a quick clean of his engine and tranny. Came out pretty nice. He has a very clean (freshly painted) 2.0. Underside panels got nice and clean and I have never seen a muffler heat sheild that came clean with the original 30 year old paint still looking good. He's got fresh exhaust and all the trimmings which looked real sharp - this ought to show it off some!
TravisNeff
asdfas
TravisNeff
asdf
TravisNeff
adsf
TravisNeff
asdf
TravisNeff
asdf
TravisNeff
uno mas
Flat VW
I'll bet Bill feels all clean now. alfred.gif

John
azbill
Clean clear through - buuut the water was cold sad.gif . Thanks Travis you do good work!

This is the frist look at it's bottom after the enima soooo nice.

Travis is work right along on his new "gray ghost" my name for his Camp 914 car its coming along nicely.

Thanks again Travis.
914GT
Man, that CAP water does a nice job as a degreaser! Hey, is that sway bar link supposed to look like that? Looks almost horizontal.
Series9
QUOTE (914GT @ Mar 13 2005, 07:52 PM)
Hey, is that sway bar link supposed to look like that? Looks almost horizontal.

Exactly. That rear bar doesn't work with the links in that position.
TravisNeff
The trunk floors were black when we started, got nice and clean, but I see that I missed a spot just ahead of the dog bone. I think I understand what others are saying about the rear bar. I think if you disconnect the drop links - and point them straight up and down vs. fore/aft and reconnect you'll get more benefit from that bar. The way it is now, it looks like it only starts working when the rear suspension really starts to compress.
Series9
QUOTE (Travis Neff @ Mar 14 2005, 09:53 AM)
The way it is now, it looks like it only starts working when the rear suspension really starts to compress.

The way it is now, it never works. It just sits there while the links freely move up and down.

Someone needs to disconnect the links, move the bar into a position above the suspension drop link points and then reconnect the links in a vertical position.
Series9
Should look like this:
TravisNeff
I don't know if that will work, where's the dirt??
Series9
QUOTE (Travis Neff @ Mar 14 2005, 11:43 AM)

I need to drive it first, smart ass.

It is dusty, though.
maf914
QUOTE (914RS @ Mar 14 2005, 10:54 AM)
QUOTE (Travis Neff @ Mar 14 2005, 11:43 AM)

I need to drive it first, smart ass.

It is dusty, though.

Hey Joe, you're starter needs a wash and wax! laugh.gif

Great car! It looks great.

AZBill, I'm surprised the pressure washer didn't blast the paint off that Bursch. Give it a few miles... laugh.gif
Mueller
Hey Travis, I just picked up the same pressure washer yesterday (at least it looks like the Husky 1700psi model).....actually, went in 50/50 with my neighbor to help offset the cost of it...thing works great, I wish I had bought one years ago smile.gif

Did you guys use any type of cleaner or soap when spraying the car??

TravisNeff
I think it's a husky, must be Girlfriend got it at home depot. It is a 1750 unit. Did not use any cleaners other than just water. It kicks some serious butt!

I have to read the instructions, but I think it has a resivior to house liquid cleaner. On my wheelwell job I pressure washed first, then squirted degreaser in there and used a scrub brush real quick, then shot it again with the washer. The pressure washer works great for removing crud, but it doesn't leave a really clean surface, if you follow up with a washrag or brush, that will work best.

Hey, that might be fun with dish soap. I remember when I was a kid and I put liquid soap in the dishwasher. BUBBLESSS everywhere! all over the floor..

Ah, if you could hook it up to your hot water heater.. hmmm idea.gif
gopack
Hey Joe,
How did your car get so dusty? In my experience, Noting ever gets dusty in NM! (need sarcasm smiley!)
Series9
QUOTE (gopack @ Mar 14 2005, 01:33 PM)
Hey Joe,
How did your car get so dusty? In my experience, Noting ever gets dusty in NM! (need sarcasm smiley!)

Dusty in NM is much better than rusty in FL. The dust blows off. cool.gif
Hi_Fi_Guy
Looks good Bill... I bet you feel fresh now.

So where did you decide to put the oil cooler?
redshift
huh.gif You know, these things rust..

hahahaha

Great looking car!

M
rhodyguy
hot water can be had at the faucet from the clothes washer and a few extra lengths of hose. wink.gif costco stocks an item called "Oil Eater" that does a good job of cutting the grease. it's plenty cheap and cleans the garage floor too.

k
azbill
I am going to stay stock and use Nickies and heat desipating coatings on the heads and cylinders for the 2270 rebuild. I am told the temps should be in the right range.....I hope I hope I hope confused24.gif . We will see.
AZ914
Hey, did Bill's alarm keep going off when you were giving the car the enema? happy11.gif
Flat VW
QUOTE (AZ914 @ Mar 15 2005, 07:43 AM)
Hey, did Bill's alarm keep going off when you were giving the car the enema?   happy11.gif

Now, that, is HUMOR!

John slap.gif
TravisNeff
Only once.. It sounded off when he got out of the car.

Most Probably for his wifes benefit - to know when he's come back from cattin' around!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.