Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thought I found another 74 LE....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
Went to a fellow INR SCCA members house today. He has a rather large collection of wrecked and trashed old cars in the weed patch behind he pole barns. He said he a has a few 914's so I asked to look. Found two outside, a 71 rusted out POS tub and a 74 that was white, then painted red then black. It was in a major crash and has been sitting outside like this for a long long time.

I can't get the drivers door open because of 20' tree that has grown right next to it to check the chassis number & paint code, but I got a little excited because it was a 74 and white to start with....but after checking Jeff's LE website the vin doesn't match the LE range, its 47429073688. Oh maybe there is one in the two pole barns full of old cars in various conditions. He does have a 73 911 Targa, runs like crap according to him but might be a good donor for a 6 conversion idea.gif

Oh and I know thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif I didn't have my camera dry.gif
jim912928
Garold..did he mention what he might want for the targa?
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE (jim912928 @ Mar 13 2005, 04:06 PM)
Garold..did he mention what he might want for the targa?

Back off mister It's mine. mad.gif wink.gif laugh.gif I didn't ask. I will find for you. I didn't look at it since it is in the pole barn and he wasn't interested in opening it up.
JeffBowlsby

You might check that number again Garold...there were not 73,688 914s built in 1974...

Now ifn that number were to be....13688....hmmm..... cool.gif
GaroldShaffer
I will. Actually there is a few, very few good things still on this car. I need the rear trunk lock and can use the roll bar trim. I will see if he will let me back there again this week sometime. And I will remember my camera.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.