Full Version: Brumos *SOLD*
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bcheney
Dealerships SOLD

https://twitter.com/flcpca/status/674678608162607104
EdwardBlume
Who bought it? Hendricks?
'73-914kid
As the article states, Fields purchased it. My understanding is that the Brumos name will no longer be associated with the dealership. Better buy up all that Brumos gear while it still exists
Ansbacher
Will they still be doing the annual swap meets?
pete000
Wonder what will happen to the racing enterprise?

Sad. I remember visiting Brumos back around 1976. They had a red 930 Turbo Carrera up front. I was bummed it was a Sunday and they were not open. Peter Gregg ran a nice shop in those days.
URY914
Wow. sad.
carr914
Dano Davis (dick, I'm ashamed I share his Last Name) retains the Brumos name.

Everything changed when my friend Bob Snodgrass (Owner) died!. The long time employees were let go, Racing programs died off, etc.

Had an opportunity to go there yesterday - No Thanks!

Dano & Fields deserve each other sad.gif !
SKL1
Kind of like Stoddard Imported Cars in Ohio... I guess everything must come to an end someday.

Glad I have a couple Brumos license plate frames!!
carr914
QUOTE(SKL1 @ Dec 9 2015, 09:36 PM) *

Glad I have a couple Brumos license plate frames!!

Me Too! I used to have about a Dozen. I think I have 3 left

I'll try to get more

bandjoey
You can still buy their new plate frames online. What happens to their race cars?? Haywood's -6?
bcheney
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 9 2015, 09:08 PM) *

Everything changed when my friend Bob Snodgrass (Owner) died!. The long time employees were let go, Racing programs died off, etc.

I wonder what the plan is for retaining the Brumos "brand"??
carr914
QUOTE(bcheney @ Dec 10 2015, 07:40 AM) *

QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 9 2015, 09:08 PM) *

I wonder what the plan is for retaining the Brumos "brand"??

Selling T-Shirts @ Winn Dixie!
Mike Fitton
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 9 2015, 06:08 PM) *

Don't know Dano but Fields is a class act around Chicago been here over 40 years and family owned.
iwanta914-6
It seems like everyone is assuming the Brumos name is going away. It would be crazy to just throw away an established name like Brumos.
pete000
Any one remember the "Brumos Booster Brigade" back in the early 80's I think I still have my hat some where.
JeffBowlsby
I received this today...I doan know Skip...And I doan know how/why he wants on my LinkedIn.
Yahmann
I am in the car biz (BMW) and the "family" owned dealerships are falling away slowly. Dano Davis and family owned Winn Dixie supermarkets, so I am not sure how family it was.

I know Peter Gregg as well as anyone from my days racing in IMSA from 1975 to 1991. He was not the most friendly guy but a good businessman as well as super driver. He was able to buy Brumos from the Brundage family with the help of his first wife - Jennifer Johnson (of Johnson & Johnson family).

I had a 1 year relationship with his widow - Deborah in the mid 80's and she ended up with all the property and dealerships. Although she was in her late 20's, she turned out to be a very astute business women. Hurley and Bob Snodgrass were a big help. She sold out to Davis and did very well.

I helped Jim Bailie, who ran their resto and race team for years get a job there as he and I raced against each other in SCCA as well as he crewed for Phil Conte in IMSA. I know Jim left after Davis came as it was not the same place.

It seems strange that the new owners would forsake the Brumos name, as you would think it was as significant as Vasek Polak and Stoddard.

Sad to see it go.
bandjoey
Haywood quote to Road and Track:

"The Field group is a good fit; they're an independent group like us, but it's been difficult. Brumos has been my home for 50 years. When you suddenly no longer have that home, it's a shock. My relationship with Dan, and with Porsche, doesn't change, so that makes it a little easier. The bones are the same here; the employees are safe; we're just going to have a new name. The deal worked out well for everybody, and that's positive, but it's also taken an emotional toll for some who've been her

Looks like a new name. Order your named stuff soon. Their boutique gift shop already has a lot of sold out items. The rush is on
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.