Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 alignment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
porschewrench
Anybody have any opinions on front and rear alignment settings ?
Here's what we have : 914 with 3.0 conversion
22mm torsion bars up front & bilstein shocks.
rear bilstein shocks
No sway bars front or rear
Limited slip (Quaife)
Roll cage tied into front & rear suspension . Rear trailing arm susp consoles supported (by bars to cage)
Car is used for hillclimbs & short road courses .
Need opinions on front camber caster & toe. Also for rear camber & toe. THANKS Paul confused24.gif
TimT
I currently have my car set up with as much negative camber as I can dial in front and rear.. front toe is just a touch toe out, 0-1/16th per side, rear toe is toe in aprox 1/16th

after looking at tire wear etc, I am going to leave the front alone ( perhaps try and dial in more neg camber) but I do want to change the rear camber.. the wear pattern on my 245's indicates im not using all the tire. So I plan on going to .5deg neg camber on the rear, and checking my tire temps and wear

BTW my car is a 3.2 track only car
porschewrench
QUOTE (TimT @ Mar 13 2005, 05:56 PM)
I currently have my car set up with as much negative camber as I can dial in front and rear.. front toe is just a touch toe out, 0-1/16th per side, rear toe is toe in aprox 1/16th

after looking at tire wear etc, I am going to leave the front alone ( perhaps try and dial in more neg camber) but I do want to change the rear camber.. the wear pattern on my 245's indicates im not using all the tire. So I plan on going to .5deg neg camber on the rear, and checking my tire temps and wear

BTW my car is a 3.2 track only car

Thanks Tim How much rear camber do you have? It always seems difficult to get enough negitive in the rear. Any tricks? Iam located in harrisburg Pa. ,what part of New york are you in ? Thanks Again. Is your car strictly track ?
TimT
Im located in Wantagh NY, about 30 mins from the Big Apple.

Ill have to dig up the alignment sheet for my car, I recall 2 deg neg camber on the rears, dont hold me to that though.

its to much neg camber, from the wear I see on the rear tires, it tells me I am only using 2/3rds of the 245 width.. I want to adjust the rear camber to near 0 deg!!

My car has RSR coilovers on the front, RSR rear shocks, Wilwood billet superlite front calipers w 11 3/4X 1.25 in front discs, carrera rear brakes, A warmed over 3.2, and a 901 with short gears.
porschewrench
Tim thanks for the info . Iam about 3hours from New York city. I have a shop that we only service VW PORSCHE & AUDI.( European Imports) Call me sometime , I may need some dyno time. 717 238 1810 ask for Paul driving-girl.gif
Dave_Darling
What rate of springs?

What kind of tire? Some tires "like" more camber than others.

You do know that anything we tell you will just be a starting point, and you will have to use a pyrometer to find the actual needed camber settings, right?

--DD
porschewrench
Yes I realize these are starting points. I thought it odd after removing all the trailing arm shims I was at only 1.6 negitive camber in rear & had not aligned a 914 for a very long time. I could not find my old reference notes at the time and thought I would throw it out for opinions. The type of racing done with this car is mostly hillclimbing , which the tires hardly get up to temp. Spring rates as tested showed at 180lbs. He's using kumo 700 victor racers . Thanks. monkeydance.gif
slivel
Here is my set-up:
Alignment:
Front Camber Left -3.1 Right -3.0
Toe In 1/8 inch
Caster 6 degrees 6 degrees

Rear Camber Left -1.8 Right -1.8
Toe In 3/16
I run Hoosier 245/45/16 in front and 275/45/16 on rear.
porschewrench
Steve thanks for your specs. it is very helpfull . Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.