Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: you guys thought our teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
grasshopper
I sat down in my 70 911 today and boom, there goes the floor. It just collapsed under me. I was going to take it out anyway, but i didn't think it was that bad. There are some more bad spots in the pics too.
grasshopper
another
grasshopper
another...
grasshopper
the last one, dont know what the heck the guy used to patch this panel... wacko.gif
grasshopper
i might want to post the pic headbang.gif
914GT
You better buy several more cases of Corona!
grasshopper
Already did!! biggrin.gif ..did some work today to fix the inside...until i get the new floors. Welded in and panel where to floor ripped off.... dont make fun of my welds!! rolleyes.gif
Cap'n Krusty
The Cap'n has a nice, virtually rust free, California 68 912 that would be a PERFECT answer to your problem. With what you already have, you could EASILY turn it into a 911. BTDT, and it isn't particularly difficult. The car is in CA, but it can easily be shipped .......... The Cap'n
grasshopper
...no thanks, i'd rather just fix this one back up. It has the original engine and has the exrteamly rare glacier blue paint... I also want my kid to get out here and help me. He needs to learn this stuff wink.gif
TimT
Wow that make the rust on my old 911 look like a flesh wound laugh.gif
root
Hopper, be careful setting up on a concrete block like that! ohmy.gif
That's SCARY! Hope you got a jack stand under there somewhere unsure.gif
grasshopper
I'll make sure to put some stands under there, but there not really any place to put them that they wont pop through... blink.gif
sgomes
QUOTE (root @ Mar 13 2005, 05:54 PM)
Hopper, be careful setting up on a concrete block like that! ohmy.gif
That's SCARY! Hope you got a jack stand under there somewhere unsure.gif

agree.gif

I didn't want to be a wet blanket but I really don't want to see you get hurt. Those blocks crumble very easily. They feel strong but they are really weak in the direction you're using them.

It looks like you have enough headaches without that thing dropping on your head! laugh.gif
grasshopper
Ok, i put some stands under it....does that make you guys happy? wink.gif
root
We all know how hard it is to find an extra jackstand laying around when you've
got a teener in your garage biggrin.gif
airsix
QUOTE (grasshopper @ Mar 13 2005, 06:29 PM)
Ok, i put some stands under it....does that make you guys happy? wink.gif

Yes! When I was a kid a guy in our neighborhood was working on his truck and had jack stands on top of cinder-blocks like that. He'd just gotten out from under it and one of them blew. when it hit the ground on that side the other side blew (blocks went "Poof!") and it came off the stands. 30 seconds sooner and he'd have been dead.

-Ben M.
redshift
Dood... why don't you just buy some metal, and make your own 911 from scratch?

Oh, I see that you are just using that as a guide.. laugh.gif

Some people are more able than me. GOOD LUCK.

M
ottox914
You're a brave man. Some of us (me) would see that and start thinking "parts car".
grasshopper
well, it is basically a parts car, but has some racing history....and the rust is basically just in the floors and rockers. I was so pissed that day, i almost just started taking parts off and putting them in boxes. mad.gif Now i am kind of screwed cause i have to halt my engine change in my teener to fix this mess. And I have to be out of my house April 15... Well at least the floor fell out in the garage instead of going down the road at 70mph.... biggrin.gif
TravisNeff
You better buy several more cases of Corona!

I was gonna suggest Corona Light! Doh, that's quite a hole!

Someone posted that they used cinder blocks as jack stands on their jeep, they broke and the U bolts drove through both his wrists.. egad!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.