Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1975 1.8 41K miles? parked 20 years.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
914ltd
The owner has passed so I can't verify the miles but they look to be original. I can't fine evidence of any paint work. Stored since 1996, not running and probably needs brakes, fuel tank cleaned, hoses etc. Engine started with fuel down intake. Factory sway bars, really nice trim parts, missing drivers door mirror but otherwise very complete. Original Michelin ZX tires, shot of course. This would make a great, easy project especially with the original paint being in very good condition.

Sold
mepstein
If this is as low rust as it looks it's a deal!
iwanta914-6
Yea it does look nice in the pictures. I sent Brad a PM, I like both cars he's selling and I feel like I need to get in the game instead of just living through everyone else's experiences, lol.
914ltd
This is from an estate and will have a clear title.
I added pix of the rockers and underside. There is a small amount of rust in the jack tube supports but even the paint still looks good there.
We dug out a mouse nest from the "hell hole" and found the rubber drain nipple, probably more accurately described as a PLUG, was still there. As a result, there is a line of rust at the seam but as the photos and my inspection reveal no damage below that area. The last photo shows poor workmanship installing the AC lines. This is not rust damage
I have very carefully inspected all panels and have found the original orange peel finish and no overspray or tape lines on any panel.
The photos and my inspection under the car show no evidence of rust perforation.

With 43 years being immersed in air cooled Porsche, especially the 914, I am an expert in these cars. I have revealed all I can find but if you have questions, contact me.
P914LTD@yahoo.com or phone at the bottom of this page. Brad
green914
Looks like a good deal - wish I were closer.
Chris H.
Says sale pending at the top. Nice deal. You don't find 'em much cleaner than this in Illinois from a rust perspective. Diamond in the rough for sure. The gauge faces can be changed to glass for about $20. The Laguna car is nice too. Someone snatch that up too so I don't have to look at it!
GaroldShaffer
If I had room this and the blue car would both be in my garage. I have seen this car (and the blue 75) in person and they are 100% as described. Great deal for someone.
mepstein
If I wanted a nice car I would put my name on Brads list. He always seems to have good cars at reasonable prices.
liebe
QUOTE(mepstein @ Dec 12 2015, 09:02 PM) *

If I wanted a nice car I would put my name on Brads list. He always seems to have good cars at reasonable prices.

Has the sale gone thru !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.