Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Silver/red 914?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
While I am starting to consider painting my car this winter (about time) I have been thinking of doing a traditional silver car with. Red interior, like all the other cArs.

I remember seeing the red interior Craig had in a black car, sadly he sold that interior already..

Has anyone seen a silver car with red interior?
Any pics?

Does it look ok?
stevegm
QUOTE(r_towle @ Dec 12 2015, 06:21 PM) *

While I am starting to consider painting my car this winter (about time) I have been thinking of doing a traditional silver car with. Red interior, like all the other cArs.

I remember seeing the red interior Craig had in a black car, sadly he sold that interior already..

Has anyone seen a silver car with red interior?
Any pics?

Does it look ok?

I am doing our silver car now, with a red plaid interior. Come to think of it I saw a '75 about a year ago that had that treatment. But, I don't have any pictures.
74ravenna
I think it'll look good the only caveat being what shade of red you chose.

74ravenna
G e o r g e
Here is a link that shows silver and red, since you posted in it, this should refresh your memory
anderssj
not a 914 but it's a great look:

Click to view attachment wub.gif
Drums66
....I thought Jrust had 1(black/red)? idea.gif
anderssj
Here's a link to an old advert for a silver/red RHD '72 for sale in Australia:

http://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/2013-s...1/#.Vmy6QCiHtFU

patssle
This is what you're looking for....right!?! wink.gif

Click to view attachment
r_towle
That Australia one poses a good question.

When trying to do a silver red Porsche car, do you change the dash to red?
Carpets red also?
VegasRacer
Patrick Motorsports. drooley.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
r_towle
Cool one john, don't like the seats though and it's making my think the interior needs to be silver and red only, with no black.
Larmo63
barf.gif
wndsnd
Silver can be a great color. I remember one 550 that I saw that had u dertones of gold in the right light.

The red interiors can be overdone. Think more subtle like 280SL rather than Corvette..
anderssj
The nice thing about black upper surfaces on the dash is that they would reflect less in the windshield . . .

but red and silver could be nice too, depending on how one would do the dash:

Click to view attachment

lcjo73914
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Dec 12 2015, 05:02 PM) *

Nice
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.