Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone else call BS on claims on this 914?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
http://www.cardomain.com/ridepost/2758952/...orsche-boxster/

Claims 5.4liter 908 flat 8 engine* and those sure don't look like center-lock BBS wheels to me.

3liter in the other 2 914's.

Elliot Cannon
Why no pictures of the engine that he is boasting about. Of course the pictures were taken "before" the interior and roll bar was installed. bs.gif Till I see more pictures. biggrin.gif
URY914
Bullshit.................. dry.gif
I believe you're correct on the center lock wheels. It's too bad that they don't post pictures of the wheels showing the wheels and big reds and so called 908 engine.
rolleyes.gif
Andyrew

" Car looks exactly the same as in the showroom, except it now has knock off hubs and custom machined bbs wheels"

He does say it didnt have the knock off hubs in the pic..

Its possible... But the guy who's going to buy a 908 engine for his 914 isnt going to do the fiberglass work himself...
wndsnd
Ya!

agree.gif
Luke M
I'm pretty sure I recall seeing that same car and picture in a vw Porsche magazine back in the 80's. It was for a body kit ad and the wheels look like the enkei 4 lug mesh wheels. So yeah I say bs too.
Cracker

POS
mskala
Of course it's not a 908 engine. Even if in some bizarro world this guy got
one, recall that those are 3.0L. It would be impossible to make a 5.4L out of
it.
carr914
Internet Troll
Dominic
QUOTE(mskala @ Dec 12 2015, 07:01 PM) *

Of course it's not a 908 engine. Even if in some bizarro world this guy got
one, recall that those are 3.0L. It would be impossible to make a 5.4L out of
it.

agree.gif 908 = 3.0L, plus none of the 917's were ever more than 5.0 liters from 12 cylinders
JRust
Hey this is my car for sale. Geez sometimes you guys are so cynical. I did have to take my Delorian back in time to get the engine. I got a special gas tank that only holds 2.4 liters which I power with mtn dew evilgrin.gif . It has a real kick to it & how I came up with the 5.4 liters w00t.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(JRust @ Dec 12 2015, 08:48 PM) *

Hey this is my car for sale. Geez sometimes you guys are so cynical. I did have to take my Delorian back in time to get the engine. I got a special gas tank that only holds 2.4 liters which I power with mtn dew evilgrin.gif . It has a real kick to it & how I came up with the 5.4 liters w00t.gif

Well.....if Jamie says it, it must be true. slap.gif
whitetwinturbo
............slicks?

Where?

BBS looks like BS to me blink.gif
shuie
IPB Image
stownsen914
Pathetic ...

I love the 1 comment on the site (URL in first post) smile.gif
Chris H.
QUOTE(JRust @ Dec 12 2015, 10:48 PM) *

I want to believe this but you never modify your cars Jamie confused24.gif.
blackmoon
popcorn[1].gif
J P Stein
The 917, 12 cyl was taken out to 5.4L.
alfadoc
Not only is it made of imaginarium, it's ugly.
mr914
stromberg.gif
mgp4591
I have heard of guys installing the infamous rubber lobed camshaft in a small displacement engine then as the rpms increase, the lobes grow in size from the centrifugal force thus increasing the duration and the lift making the engine perform like it's a 5.4 liter... I think that's his secret. blink.gif
Mueller
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Dec 17 2015, 09:16 PM) *

I have heard of guys installing the infamous rubber lobed camshaft in a small displacement engine then as the rpms increase, the lobes grow in size from the centrifugal force thus increasing the duration and the lift making the engine perform like it's a 5.4 liter... I think that's his secret. blink.gif

I bet it work better with flubber?
veekry9
Click to view attachment

Obviously kaaked,the bores have to be recoated. dry.gif
Mueller
QUOTE(veekry9 @ Dec 18 2015, 01:16 PM) *

Obviously kaaked,the bores have to be recoated. dry.gif

what 6 cylinder was the original photo from?

nevermind....I see Boxster smile.gif
somd914
Well, I know you probably won't believe me, but these guys fly. Sorry, snapped the photo before they took off... But really, they do...

Click to view attachment
veekry9
Click to view attachment

biggrin.gif

Howdo you fit a -12 into a 914 Chassis?
The X-12,just a bit of work,like building a watch!
You see,the whole design and build part is what makes it 'hard'.

Like the Polo,it's no overnite sensation,and once you get it together,the clients will come.
Who here is gettin in line for a Boxster -8.
veekry9
Click to view attachment

Pair of 8's,an H16 for 2.4L
http://thekneeslider.com/16-cylinder-h16-e...eas-georgeades/
mgp4591
QUOTE(Mueller @ Dec 18 2015, 10:48 AM) *

QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Dec 17 2015, 09:16 PM) *

I bet it work better with flubber?

Na, the Flubber makes the valves bounce too much... shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.