Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yellow cars
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
skline
Lets get a count of yellow 914's here. If you have a yellow or any variation of yellow, speak up and be counted. Give a quick description of your car and what you think of it being yellow. This is for the ones who think yellow cars are for pansies.

I will start, Last year I completed a yellow car and sold it last spring. I miss the car a lot. I stilll have a note that was left on my car at a show in Long Beach by a girl. She liked my car too. It had a 2270 with dual 45 Dellorto carbs and straight but cam gears. It got along very well. The 74 I have I am painting to match it but will leave it an all stock 2 liter with FI. It will be my AX car and I am thinking I will do quite well in it.

Rusty

Scott, Scott... are you feeling a bit insecure? biggrin.gif

Really, yellow is a nice color. But, IMO, having a yellow 914 is like having a red 911. You can't swing a dead cat without hitting one. EVERYONE has one. huh.gif

And that makes me wonder... why be another lemming following the crowd? Be yourself, even if it's a bluish-plum color. wub.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
skline
Here is a picture from a Temecula run, look at all those yellow cars. Whos could they be? I wasnt the only one with a yellow car. Incidently, they are lined up in order of arrival from a back road curvy run. Notice the first 5 cars to arrive. biggrin.gif
solex
I have recently purchased a yellow 75 with the purpose of buying something that I could fix up and drive since my free time is limited. This car runs well (and does not leak) but has been neglected. I personally like the color it really stands out.

Things I have done so far: General cleaning/lubing, replaced all heater hoses, repaired blower motor (I now have heat!), new Bilstein rear sport shocks, added H4 headlights. Next thing to fix are the brakes and tachometer.

Dan
CptTripps
Saturn Yellow 73 here....
balljoint
Yellow '74 on it's way for me.

I heard that they were faster, and that chicks dig them.

Plus the car was already partly yellow and I wanted to cover up that ugly green.
Eric_Shea
When you come across immutable evidence, you simply have no other alternative than to readjust your thinking and believe...

Yellow Cars Really "ARE" for Pansies

w00t.gif

Here's a few dancing bananas so he doesn't get too mad at me biggrin.gif mueba.gif rocking nana.gif mueba.gif

(off to the garage to change my Saturn Yellow to Signal Orange)
Howard
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Mar 14 2005, 07:28 AM)
When you come across immutable evidence, you simply have no other alternative than to readjust your thinking and believe...

Yellow Cars Really "ARE" for Pansies

w00t.gif

Here's a few dancing bananas so he doesn't get too mad at me biggrin.gif mueba.gif rocking nana.gif mueba.gif

(off to the garage to change my Saturn Yellow to Signal Orange)

...and Qarl admits to loosing his peepee!

But yellow means you are secure in your masculinity. Purple, that's another story wacko.gif
Aaron Cox
are you trying to compensate for something???? laugh.gif

real men drive purple cars, right rusty? lol2.gif
boxstr
I have three yellow 914s at CAMP right now. A Viper yellow V8, JLO and a 73 2.0 yellow stocker.
Personally I like yellow. Nothing wrong with it unless you are this guy.
CCLINOOOPPS
nine14cats
Our 1976 2.0 street car is summer yellow / sunflower yellow (code = L13K).

Our track car, the 3.6 liter beast, will be painted 2000 Plymouth Prowler yellow.

That's two yellow cars for us!

Doris and Bill P.
sean_v8_914
I have a saturn yellow 72
what is teh yellow thingy face down in teh ditch?
ArtechnikA
'70 Canary Yellow (2910).

haven't noticed that it's especially faster, but it does get great mileage - i last bought gas for it in 1980 ...
azbill
My is Sunflower Yellow - I like it wub.gif and yellow goes faster everybody knows that. biggrin.gif
bondo
I kinda have 2 yellow 914s. My running 914 is mostly yellow, and my V8 conversion will be yellow when it's done.

To counteract the "everyone has a yellow 914" factor, I'm going to paint it a non-914 color. Perhaps the color 914RS has his.. when I see it at the wcc I'll know for sure.
Joe Ricard
It's YELLOW and I think it is FASTER. This is the view ya'll with purple cars will see.
spare time toys
Don't forget that the Banana is yellow mueba.gif
eeyore
Mines a yellow '75 2.0

I like yellow. Yellow is my favorite color. However, the picture of the row of yellow 914's convinces me all the more that I need a different color. Tangerine being the #1 consideration.
dinomium
I sold a 75 yellow 2 liter to go to Austraila in 1992. My girlfriend at the time HATED (still does) that car. No heat and leaks galor. It was my only car at the time.
The guy who bought it drove into the ground, killed it. Rather than sell it back to me, the bastard pushed it into a parking lot and stripped it.
The punch line: The car was still in my ex'"s name... niether of us sent in the seller report!
HA
alfred.gif
d914
74 2.0 fuchs
Series9
'Gelb' (Glasurit: POR 12K) and yellow lab (Dublin):
mightyohm
Scott, my car is the 5th yellow car back in that Temecula run pic. biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
(Damn... where's Qarl? It's no fun teasing him if he doesn't join in.)
bernbomb914
That mine in the temecula run Its the first one in line and I am happy with the color

Bernie
skline
Well, the other ones in order are Bernbombs(Bernie), mine, Slits(Ron Meier) and Redbeard(James).
carreraguy
Geez, 914's come in colors other than yellow? Who'd a thunk it!!

1976 Summer Yellow:

Eddie914
Carrera?
Eddie914
Carrera
Eddie914
914 6 3.2
dlo914
here's mine: i assume she's saturn yellow
mightyohm
When I was looking for a 914 what I REALLY wanted was Phoenix Red. Shwing!
SirAndy
QUOTE (skline @ Mar 14 2005, 07:00 AM)
If you have a yellow or any variation of yellow, speak up and be counted.

my car is red, but all my suspension is eventually going to be yellow.
yellow shocks, yellow trailing arms, yellow engine bar, yellow cross member, yellow a-arms ...

you get the idea ...
cool.gif Andy
TonyAKAVW
1970.... not one, but TWO yellows! For some reason the back half is painted a slightly different shade (and far more recently) than the frotn half. This will be corrected eventually!

TonyAKAVW
crap. Forgot to add the picture.
mrobin
the PO said it was viper yellow..looks like saturn yellow to me...
i personally think there are too many yellow cars.....but mine came that way and it is a nice paint job...so i'll live with it..
DuckRyder
Yellow here.

But I may not count, because its going back Silver at some point.

user posted image
banderson
Mine is sitting under a tarp and lots of snow, and it will for a long time. Maybe some day I will rebuild the 2270, who knows. burnout.gif
Qarl
Yellow cars accelerate shrinkage of your yutz!

I was doomed with the yellow 914 and now the yellow Elise....

Eric_Shea
Qarl... look in the jar in the top drawer of your wife's night stand. If you ask nice she might let you take it out. (I think it's an old Sam Kineson bit). blink.gif
ppickerell
CGT from last years Monterey hysterics
ppickerell
Think heavy gold chains and hairy chest with something to prove
ppickerell
And my current love just out of the shop with a freshened tranny/clutch taken off of Mines Road
Joe Ricard
Taken just the other day
dlo914
QUOTE (mrobin @ Mar 15 2005, 02:53 AM)
the PO said it was viper yellow..looks like saturn yellow to me...
i personally think there are too many yellow cars.....but mine came that way and it is a nice paint job...so i'll live with it..

the SAPO of my car said the car was painted corvette yellow here's a comparison:

the guy must've been color blind***
Eric_Shea
Think heavy gold chains and hairy chest with something to prove

I'm thinking I saw that car in a previous issue of Excellence. That's one bad-ass ride if'n I recall. ohmy.gif

I don't go for the "massive everything" styling but I think that's an entire carbon fiber ride with a mean, mean engine.
Mountain914
Yepper - Yeller !
First one was Red though - and I miss "Plum Crazy" (Cuda) and "Hemi Orange" (GTX).
gfulcher
As i've been told by many-a-porsche mechanic over the years, YPAF or "Yellow Porsche Are Faster"..

I know for a fact that my '72 Saturn Yellow teener is indeed faster than many with it's 2.6L Big Four.. .well, until last fall...

See Why

Ooops.

-greg-
tbox56
Only yellow porsche in a small hick town, and my first car. To bad first gear is out
Joe Bob
QUOTE (Joe Ricard @ Mar 15 2005, 09:50 AM)
Taken just the other day

Joe...if ya adjust your avatar settings to 120x80 it will look a little more in proportion....
d914
things that make you go mmmmmm....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.