Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: eBay 914-6 oil tank
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Root_Werks
Brand new, almost to $500, wonder if it will reach $800?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=34202

idea.gif
Eric_Shea
Don't get fooled into using an inefficient aluminum knock-off just because they are cheap.

Damn! Fooled Again!! When will I learn??? How was I to know it was inefficient??? ohmy.gif

Ask Otto first headbang.gif Ask Otto first headbang.gif Ask Otto first headbang.gif Ask Otto first headbang.gif Ask Otto first headbang.gif Ask Otto first headbang.gif
Aaron Cox
doesnt AL dissapate heat faster anyway? wink.gif
ArtechnikA
i wonder when the factory stopped making black-painted copper-plated tanks ...
Rusty
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Mar 14 2005, 10:58 AM)
Don't get fooled into using an inefficient aluminum knock-off just because they are cheap.

Damn! Fooled Again!! When will I learn??? How was I to know it was inefficient??? ohmy.gif

Ask Otto first headbang.gif Ask Otto first headbang.gif Ask Otto first headbang.gif Ask Otto first headbang.gif Ask Otto first headbang.gif Ask Otto first headbang.gif

Hey... does it work for you, and is leak free? If so, then be happy you have a good tank.

I can't remember ever hearing that the repro tanks were inefficient. If I recall correctly, they had a tendency to leak.

Ya got to take eBay rhetoric with a grain of salt... 'specially from a blowhard like Otto.

-Rusty smoke.gif
Eric_Shea
agree.gif Kelly beware. Looks like more Otto's SOP.

Maybe he just freshened it up to look more like an inefficient aluminum variety (complete with tape over the holes for the DupliColor job).
Eric_Shea
Twas my best attempt at sarcasim eggplant-boy laugh.gif
Joe Bob
Silver rattlecan paint is cheap.... dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.