Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FI newer injectors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
CatDaddy60
I'm looking for anyone that has drilled or bored the stock injector locations for newer injectors. Any one try it?
r_towle
I will start with why?
CatDaddy60
QUOTE(r_towle @ Dec 13 2015, 02:10 PM) *

I will start with why?

To update for more readily available and modern injectors for one reason
r_towle
There are a few optional modern injectors that can be used in the stock intakes.

For some reason I recall Ford being one that has been tested here by someone and it worked.

You need to look up the flow rate for the ones you have.
Match the flow rate, it's different for each version of engine.

Rich
r_towle
A few links to loads of info in this thread

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...ford++injectors
CatDaddy60
Thank you for information. I picked up some injectors from a ford contour they are the 14 lb rated for 1.9 to three liter car my intention is to build a injection and ignition system from modern parts that is upgradable as engine modifications are completed. The stock parts are old and not programable
Dtjaden
The stock 2.0 914 injectors are rated at 30# at 30 psi (38# at 43 psi which is the usual pressure used for rating injectors). A 14# injector in a four cylinder engine would only be good for about 90 hp.

There are a number of interesting FI related calculators and injector specifications on the Witch Hunter web site: http://www.witchhunter.com/

The only downsides to the stock Bosch injectors are the likelihood that they will need to be rebuilt which Witch Hunter (and others) does for $22 per injector and they are low impedance injectors which many aftermarket ECUs are not happy driving natively. I have used these successfully with a Megasquirt system for the past 1 1/2 years with an engine that produces about 120 hp with plenty of headroom left.
JeffBowlsby
The stock FI system is easy enough to maintain and all parts are available, no need to solve a non-problem.

Here are some substitute injectors:

Mueller
I'm pretty sure there are plenty of newer injectors that are direct swaps into the stock manifolds. My 1st megasquirt used l-jet hard parts with Ford 19lb injectors.

There are also machined adapters available if running Delphi injectors or the like.
CatDaddy60
Thank you again to Mueller, and Dtjaden what components for megasquirt did you use and what sources did you use for the crank trigger wheel? I'm looking for a laundry list of parts. As far as using the stock parts the onnes that I have are well past their prime and having worked with djet on a 72 Volvo its better to change over than just continuing down a limited road
toon1
I used injectors out of a ford prob for my MS system.

I machined a fuel rail and made a bracket that attaches to the web piece in the intake runners to hold the rail.

With MS I used HIGH impedance injectors and they are 21#/hr, I'm running 43psi on my fuel system.

If you are swapping with the stock system you will need LOW impedence and match the flow rate if the injector to the stock injectors.

Bottom line.....it can be done fairly easily
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.