Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Strut Brace question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
1bad914
I found a strut brace for the front, I'm at work so I can't post pics, but it looks like it mounts under the tops of the strut. The ends are u-shaped, one end spins freely, the other is threaded for adjustment. Does anyone have one like this, and how does it mount. I can post a pic tonight. It is anodized. Any thoughts?
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (1bad914 @ Mar 14 2005, 11:10 AM)
Any thoughts?

it works by making your wallet lighter.

914's don't need front strut braces.

go have a look where the front bulkhead it is relation to the upper strut mounts.

911's need them because the front is just a big floppy box section -- but a 914 is not a 911.
Mueller
the 914 has a built in strut brace, front and rear.....

the only reason to add an aftermarket one is if you cut the sheetmetal out for a larger gas tank/fuel cell

Eric_Shea
agree.gif

No need... unless you are into tossin bills around. If so, PM me and I'll give you my address. wink.gif
Jeroen
strutbraces are for taildraggers... we don't need 'em laugh.gif
1bad914
First off, my wallet is no lighter, I found this, as in no cost. Thanks for all the really positive comments. blink.gif Will it fit a tail dragger?
ArtechnikA
we'd need to know more about it, because there are lots of strut braces around for cars that won't fit...

there aren't many cross-references in the catalogs available to me here because they've mostly stopped trying to sell those things to 914 owners. if it has a really broad length-adjustment range, it will probably fit a 911/912. i don't have the measurements from either a 911 or 914 available to me here either...

i'm not really in the market 'cause i already have one for the 911 (where they really are useful).

when you get a chance, post a picture, and the end-to-end dimensions, and you'll probably find it's useful to someone. there are a lot of 911 owners here, too ...
Jeroen
post the pics, but I would be surprised if it fits a 914 and not a 911
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.