Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: a few new pics...CF hood, rims and painted fender.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
The color on the fender is supposed to be Zambezi green, maybe it is and the rest of the paint has just lived a hard life smile.gif

The Getty Design front carbonfiber lid mounts perfect, now to let the car sit in sun for a day and then spray the lid with a clear coat to help protect it from the UV rays...

Don't those Revolution rims look pretty?? wub.gif

Aaron Cox
rice rice baby!

just kidding...looks fantastic man!
i hear the revo's are heavy mofos
Mueller
front bumper removed for the painting of the drivers side fender
Mueller
I really need to add the side rocker panel and the rear valance to the @ss end does not look so high...
Mueller
yea, the Revolutions are sorta heavy, but for a street driven car with all the darn potholes and crappy roads we have, I don't mind the extra strength these wheels have...
Mueller
I weighed the stock lids yesterday...

front stock: 31 lbs
rear stock: 30 lbs

CF front: 16 lbs
CF rear: 15 lbs

bolted on with no problems, with it being as light as it is, one person install was a breeze....I removed the stock springs and will use a thin walled aluminum tube to hold the lids up (very light weight and only cost $9 for both tubes)
xitspd
Mike,
The car looks great! The green color and the black CF hood is really set off with new wheels.
McMark
Looks great. Nice to see the car all "one" color again. Are you gonna come show off at the lunch on the 26th?
Jeroen
why didn't you clean up the welds before you painted the fender?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Mar 14 2005, 09:38 AM)

i didnt want to say it unsure.gif
McMark
Those were low spots. What he needed was a bit of filler. wink.gif
Mueller
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Mar 14 2005, 09:38 AM)

long story smile.gif

short version: wife "insisted" I just paint the car without doing the bodywork wacko.gif

I might attempt to take a day off in the next few weeks and repaint (with bodywork) the entire car so that at least it's one color green even if it's not a perfect match for the original color...

Hey Mark,

I have an appointment with the DMV this week to finally register the car so that I can legally drive it more than just up and down my street driving.gif
Jeroen
you are soooo pussy whipped laugh.gif
McMark
clap.gif YEAH! Oh, which reminds me that I was supposed to looks for a side marker for you. Still need one?
914werke
I say paint um! cool.gif
Aaron Cox
mike,

can yo take a straight down shot of this area....? aim at the antennae hole and capture a 12" square area??
user posted image
please?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.