Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heater Blower Mounting for Later Cars
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BeatNavy
Yes, I use the auxiliary heater fan in the winter. I have a '72 car but a 2.0 engine and remembered, somewhat belatedly after changing the wiring a bit to make it work, that the blower is mounted down below the relay board instead of on top of the fan housing like on early cars. Somehow after fighting with the 2.0 air cleaner I managed to get both in place that way. But I don't relish doing that again.

My question: does anyone fab that heater mount for later cars or have a source for one? It's the mount that goes on the driver's side engine bay shelf. I suppose I could fabricate something, but my fabricating skills are less than epic. I also suppose I could put a WTB out there, but before I did that or destroyed some innocent sheet metal I wanted to check to see if anyone had a source/solution. Perhaps I should also ask if there's a reason the early fan won't fit in that location...

TIA
JeffBowlsby
Why not just use the early fan, on the early bracket, with the 1.7L ignition harness that has the fan connection on it? They are all made to work together.
BeatNavy
Hey Jeff - put the fan in the 1.7L location with the stock mount and it BARELY fits with the massive 2.0 air cleaner. It's a struggle. It was so close I was wondering if it was supposed to and if that's the reason it got moved to the later location.
JeffBowlsby
Slightly bend the bracket for clearance?
BeatNavy
Modify a part??? Heavens, then I'll lose concourse points lol-2.gif

Well, I DID get it to fit. I suppose I can live with it for the time being. Just a lot going on in that area of the engine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.