Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for a car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mike_the_man
Hi all,

My friend and I are driving down to the WCC, and I think I may have convinced him to buy a 914. He's hoping to find a good one at the WCC, and drive it back to Saskatchewan.

He's looking for something thats in good mechanical condition, and something with a decent body and interior. I'm not too sure what his price range is, although I think he's willing to pay decent money for a car in good shape.

How many cars are going to be for sale at the WCC? Does anybody know of any cars in the area that are in good shape? If everybody could keep their eyes and ears open, that would be great!

Thanks,

phantom914
The car in my avatar will likely be for sale.

I live about an hour from where the WCC will be held.

Here is a link to the thread I posted when I bought it:My Car

It will go for more than the price mentioned in the thread.

It kills me to have to sell it, but I have to do what I have to do.

Andrew
bondo
QUOTE (phantom914 @ Mar 14 2005, 10:52 AM)
The car in my avatar will likely be for sale.

Aww, are ya gonna replace it?

I will most likely have a 914 for sale at the wcc, but it probably won't quite fit the requirements. It's a salvage title, and the interior is far from perfect. I hope to have the exterior repaired and primed by then though.
iiibdsiil
Salvage title should be okay for Canada. My mom's fiance is Canadian, says that people buy cars that are totalled out here all the time, and take them to Canada, fix em up, sell em at full value.
Joe Bob
Manfred.....if you have the bucks,,,
Allan
If the money is right are'nt they all for sale? wink.gif
GWN7
Salvage title is ok. The only questions asked about titles is when the car goes thru US Customs, before entering Canada. You have to fax the title to the US port of Export (where your crossing the border) 72 hrs before showing up with the car. US Customs checks the car against a hot sheet to make sure it isn't stollen or held as collateral by a bank/ect.

You pull up at US Customs. Go in and tell them your there for a car check. Give them the original title and they check the title against the serial number on the car and off you go to Canada Customs.

Joe Bob
QUOTE (Headrage @ Mar 14 2005, 10:33 AM)
If the money is right are'nt they all for sale? wink.gif

Not the 911... dry.gif

Would love to get a nice big six street car...I had one....stoopidly sold it.
Dan_F
Hi everyone,
I'm the friend that Mike is referring to. I finally decided to register on here after looking for a couple months.
Anyway, as Mike said, I will be considering buying a 914 while we are down at the WCC. Judging from what I've seen in the classifieds so far on this site, I will likely spend up to $5000 USD. I will be looking for a car to drive and occassionally autocross. It doesn't need to be a concours example but I am also not looking for something to restore.
I would prefer a 2.0L car, with as little rust as possible for my price range, in good running condition, as I hope to drive it back to Regina, SK (~1700 miles).
I hope that gives a better idea of what I'm looking for.

Thanks,
Dan Fontaine

skline
What you should do, is stop by and see Craig up at Camp914 and pick out one of his and drive it down the WCC and enjoy it while you are there. That way we can check it out and if it breaks we can fix it there for you to drive home. I think you will have a lot more fun that way. It was just an idea. He has some nice cars in stock right now.

mike_the_man
We were thinking of making a stop at CAMP914 on the way down. Sounds like a great idea to me! A beer fueled fixing party could be fun too. I'll make sure and toss in my coveralls.

dlo914
QUOTE (skline @ Mar 14 2005, 11:40 AM)
What you should do, is stop by and see Craig up at Camp914 and pick out one of his and drive it down the WCC and enjoy it while you are there. That way we can check it out and if it breaks we can fix it there for you to drive home. I think you will have a lot more fun that way. It was just an idea. He has some nice cars in stock right now.

agree.gif he is the pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif 914 GOD / Adoption Agency
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.