Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yellow 914 Carrera
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pete000
Anyone know the history of this yellow 914 With GT fenders and Carrera side stripes? I remember when I was a kid reading an article about it in a Porsche magazine and it was owned by a fireman correct??

This is a Photo of a VW magazine which featured it as well.

I think this was the 914 that made me a 914 fan way back in 1976 !

Wonder where it is now ? Any one have any pictures of it? popcorn[1].gif

EdwardBlume
You get the impression that either these famous cars were bought by rich kids and wrecked or are missing in a garage somewhere....
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(RobW @ Dec 15 2015, 07:51 AM) *

You get the impression that either these famous cars were bought by rich kids and wrecked or are missing in a garage somewhere....

Rob, you could always try to reach the editor (of 1976) Jay Amestoy of the magazine. I Googled him a couple years ago...looks like he went on to a Southern college for administrative work. He did remember his June '76 Turbomania article on my 2.0 turbo . He might have an iron-trap memory on the yellow Cover car ?¿
Marty
bcheney
Pretty cool lookin yellow machine! Gonna be fun to follow this thread aktion035.gif
pete000
I am going to try to find the other magazine that featured this 914. I think I have it in a box some where. I think it was called "All About Porsche"
boxstr
A few changes on this flared 6 at CAMP 914 and they would be twins.
Craig at CAMP
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.