Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chevy V8, and install Kit for sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
tomrev
For sale, a complete (minus clutch), freshly rebuilt Chevy 283, (.030) and all parts to install in the 914. This engine has about 3 hrs of run time, including professional engine break-in, and dyno tuning on Baker Engineering's engine dyno. Seems I like working on the car / making stuff more than driving it. I started with a 383 stroker, which was so over powered, each gear run lasted a few seconds, and you were flying. Seemed like a smaller, higher revving Chevy would be more fun, with longer wind-outs, etc., so I built this engine, and had Baker, in Grand Rapids, Mi. break it in and tune it. As soon as it was finished, I started thinking of other options, and so it is for sale. In my opinion the 283 is a great Chevy choice, as it's over square dimensions really like to rev, and it's power output are perfect for the long life of the 901 gearbox. This engine dyno'ed at 311 HP. @ 5500, and 301 ft. lbs. at 4300. As it's currently all set for a 914, I thought i'd put it up hear, before trying to sell it to the vintage Chevy guys. The engine cost close to 5K to build, and the Renegade kit is $1900, minus 300 for the clutch, so the package would cost at least $7K to put together. I will sell the combo for $4200. and may split off the 914 specific bits, if someone is interested in only those. Some up-grades there are a one-off reverse throttle package, -16AN braided coolant lines, and a custom timing marker, for the underside of the pulley. Engine info:
283, .030 over, with TRW pistons, mild TRW cam and lifters
Trickflow 175 alunimun heads, steel roller tip rockers, real Z-28 cast covers
Edelbrock Performer intake, Quickfuel 650cfm carb, MSD billet distributor
Stainless shorty headers, ARP bolts, Kennedy flywheel, mini 100 amp, single wire alternator, and more. tomandgretch@charter.netClick to view attachment
tomrev
A few more photos of the Chevy
euro911
Nice looking motor drooley.gif

GLWS
tomrev
QUOTE(euro911 @ Dec 15 2015, 12:08 PM) *

Nice looking motor drooley.gif

GLWS

Thanks euro, it was fun to assemble, and think out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.