Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New 914 slot cars...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mugs914
I hope this isn't old news to you guys, I haven't had much time to check in with the World lately... dry.gif

Slot Racing Company has released five new 914 slot car models in 1/32 scale (approx 5" ong or so). There is a GT looking race car that ran at Daytona in 1971, a safety car (!) from the Nurburgring in 1973 and three street versions, one on five-lug Fuchs, one on four-lug Fuchs and one on steelies. The detail and accuracy are impressive. They look to have full interiors and all have a driver (The drivers look pretty good too, not like the poor guy with the blue head that was driving on my old Aurora set).

Here's a link. Scroll down a bit and you'll see em:

http://slotrc.com/tienda/?___store=en&...m_store=default

If you aren't familiar with the modern breed of slot car, these things are real scale models, not the toy-looking things we had when we were kids. Even if you have no intention of racing the thing you may want one for your shelf. They really look good!

Again, sorry if this is old news...

Edit just to say don't get target lock on the just 914s. These guy are making some really nice models!

No affiliation, etc, etc, etc...

Mugs
boxsterfan
I'm just itching for my kid to get a few years older. I plan on filling the entire house with slot tracks and racing all night.
xperu
QUOTE(Mugs914 @ Dec 16 2015, 10:29 AM) *

I hope this isn't old news to you guys, I haven't had much time to check in with the World lately... dry.gif

Slot Racing Company has released five new 914 slot car models in 1/32 scale (approx 5" ong or so). There is a GT looking race car that ran at Daytona in 1971, a safety car (!) from the Nurburgring in 1973 and three street versions, one on five-lug Fuchs, one on four-lug Fuchs and one on steelies. The detail and accuracy are impressive. They look to have full interiors and all have a driver (The drivers look pretty good too, not like the poor guy with the blue head that was driving on my old Aurora set).

If you aren't familiar with the modern breed of slot car, these things are real scale models, not the toy-looking things we had when we were kids. Even if you have no intention of racing the thing you may want one for your shelf. They really look good!

Edit just to say don't get target lock on the just 914s. These guy are making some really nice models!

Mugs

Really nice Mugs, thanks!
When I was a kid in the 60's we used our AMT model kit to build our cars and powered by a Pitman motor. it was a lot of fun. biggrin.gif
76-914
QUOTE(xperu @ Dec 16 2015, 03:50 PM) *

Mugs

When I was a kid in the 60's we used our AMT model kit to build our cars and powered by a Pitman motor. it was a lot of fun. biggrin.gif

Damn, forgot about those Saturdays at the hobby shop. Remember the "Tiger's Milk" for those tires? beerchug.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(76-914 @ Dec 16 2015, 04:54 PM) *

Damn, forgot about those Saturdays at the hobby shop. Remember the "Tiger's Milk" for those tires? beerchug.gif

It was super sticky - did it have a Wintergreen smell?
bretth
Very cool. Strange though it says delivery only Spain and Portugal.

Brett
xperu
QUOTE(76-914 @ Dec 16 2015, 05:54 PM) *

QUOTE(xperu @ Dec 16 2015, 03:50 PM) *

Mugs

All the boys in the neighborhood had them, we would walk mile to the hobby shop and stay all day.
I learned to solder and spent all my allowance and bottle deposits on those cars. I had a AMT 40 ford painted white with red hood, top finders and trunk with big red numbers and LOOK decals. That car was my best friend next to my dog Rusty. Funny! Sorry Mugs I don't want to steel you're thread. Mike flag.gif
Sedonut
They are on ebay also

http://www.ebay.com/itm/R-Porsche-914-6-GT...%3D331728727179

http://www.ebay.com/itm/186-Porsche-914-6-...d4AAOSwnH1WaEeP

I have to wait for grand kids. I raced a lot as a kid, long, long time ago.
GeorgeRud
Brought back memories of our hometown slot car track! It was great and I can blame those slot cars (Aurora HO and then the 1/24 scale at the track) as well as my Erector Set for sending me down the path to loving cars and working on them.

Great memories!
Larmo63
Our 914s represent a bigger version of what we dreamed about as children…..

Click to view attachment
era vulgaris
Must be boring being a safety car passenger if you've got time to read magazines biggrin.gif
Kansas 914
I bought this Ralph Meaney Inc version about 6 months ago. Nice detail (Fuchs in front Mini-lites on rear).

Click to view attachment
maddin
QUOTE(era vulgaris @ Dec 18 2015, 02:39 AM) *

Must be boring being a safety car passenger if you've got time to read magazines biggrin.gif

unfortunately they got the decals wrong...spelling mistakes! blink.gif
eric9144
I'm a slot car junkie on hiatus because I have two small kids who take up most of my time... The modern ones are a blast to drive around the track and the level of detail is really amazing. Slot Car Racing was the reborn from the guy who brought us Fly, they're great little cars. I'll go snap a picture of the last 914 I picked up, its a narrow body car... beer3.gif
Cuda911
Mr. Mugs, those slot cars are great!

Now you know what to put in my stocking this year. smile.gif
eric9144
beerchug.gif
Sorry for picture quality, it's still in plastic wrap
Click to view attachment
first.gif
Beach914
Old thread but going through some stuff again after our move last winter. Thinning out my collection and keeping the good stuff. Hadn’t looked at these in years. AFX, Tyco and autoworld.
Click to view attachment
IronHillRestorations
I"ve got a few 914 narrow and wide body, clear bodies for models or slot cars. In a box, somewhere
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Dec 17 2015, 01:23 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Frikkin brilliant! I've got a new appreciation for modern art because of this photo thumb3d.gif
rgalla9146
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Apr 20 2020, 08:13 AM) *

QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Dec 17 2015, 01:23 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Frikkin brilliant! I've got a new appreciation for modern art because of this photo thumb3d.gif

That's a pretty rare 'tree'
A VW double cab pickup. Could be had as a 2WD or Syncro 4WD
Based on the Vanagon.....known as a Doka.
Would love to own one.
Only imported privately to the US.
Very cool presentation.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.