Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trailing Arm Bushing Replacement Difficulty
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Highland
I need to replace the rear control arm bushings. After reading all the threads, it seems the replacement Elephant rubber bushings would be best for my street application.

I questions my ability to perform this task at home. I was wondering how many other members have successfully removed and installed the rubber bushings without too many special tools (I don't want to get a press).

If the rubber bushings are to difficult I was thinking about Tangerine's built up trailing arms and just swapping arms.

Opinions and experiences appreciated.
914_teener
QUOTE(Highland @ Dec 16 2015, 09:20 AM) *

I need to replace the rear control arm bushings. After reading all the threads, it seems the replacement Elephant rubber bushings would be best for my street application.

I questions my ability to perform this task at home. I was wondering how many other members have successfully removed and installed the rubber bushings without too many special tools (I don't want to get a press).

If the rubber bushings are to difficult I was thinking about Tangerine's built up trailing arms and just swapping arms.

I.ve done it. No special tools really required. Wrote a thread on it.

If in your head you believe this is too difficult or not timely.....call Chris.
76-914
If you want to bring them by my place we can do them in a couple of hours at most. I'm about 1 hour north of you, though.
Highland
Thanks for the input. I think I'll give it a try.
Puebloswatcop
QUOTE(914_teener @ Dec 16 2015, 12:49 PM) *

QUOTE(Highland @ Dec 16 2015, 09:20 AM) *

I.ve done it. No special tools really required. Wrote a thread on it.

If in your head you believe this is too difficult or not timely.....call Chris.

I am getting ready to do the same thing, where can I find the thread you wrote?
ndfrigi
I'm planning doing mine too even front bushings.
Is there a way those from SoCal can do a one day get together and help each other replace the bushings?
whitetwinturbo
agree.gif
BK911
I wouldn't want to do it in a day.
Take the time to have all the pieces blasted and powder coated.
Well worth it, IMHO.
ndfrigi
QUOTE(BK911 @ Dec 16 2015, 02:06 PM) *

I wouldn't want to do it in a day.
Take the time to have all the pieces blasted and powder coated.
Well worth it, IMHO.

Yup you are right sir! But in my case I'm okay for just a quick clean up on my trailing arms since I just need better or perfect working suspension for now. Or maybe we can ask Bruce "bdstone" to provide powered coated trailing arms during that day and give him back the core and pay his labor for doing the powder coating. I'm sure he has several trailing arms on his inventory.
I know we can do it on our own but the fellowship, support to each other and the joy of doing it with fellow teeners is a lot better.

sorry for hi-jacking this thread!
76-914
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Dec 16 2015, 01:57 PM) *

Is there a way those from SoCal can do a one day get together and help each replace the bushings?

That's a great idea. Any thing that brings the community together and makes it tighter is good with me. Start a separate thread, run it up the flagpole then see who salutes.
ndfrigi
QUOTE(76-914 @ Dec 16 2015, 03:24 PM) *

QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Dec 16 2015, 01:57 PM) *

Is there a way those from SoCal can do a one day get together and help each replace the bushings?

That's a great idea. Any thing that brings the community together and makes it tighter is good with me. Start a separate thread, run it up the flagpole then see who salutes.

Okay sir I will do that! I know some friends would want theirs also to replace their bushing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.