Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Digital Signature for Access Runtine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Qarl
Okay Computer Geeks......

I have a Microsoft Access database application that I distribute to our clients. I package the application and it creates a self-installing program, shortcuts, etc. Works fine.,

With Access 2003 runtime and the Visual Studio Tools, the users of the application get several warnings that pop up when the run the application... Namely popups about unsafe macros and expressions.

The solution seems to be to "digitally sign" the application.

I created my own digital certificate with the Selfcert.exe application, and it reduces the popups to only one Window. It allows you to select the certificate I created, but you can't "ALWAYS TRUST" the self-created digital signatures. So each time you run the application, you have to accept the self-created digital certificate. I know this will be unacceptable to my clients.

So, my option seems to be to PURCHASE a Code Sign Digital Signature.

So.. what next?

Where do I purchase a Code Sign Digital Signature.

Thanks....

Microsoft... flipa.gif
Part Pricer
Scroll down

http://www.verisign.com/products-services/...s-code-signing/

solex
Getting the signature file on your client is another matter. Microsoft has a certificate server that we are trying to get installed for our applications.

Dan
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.