Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Size 13 shoes verses 13 fuse
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
forrestkhaag
Having kicked my fuses out Yet again, I am hoping to find a sourced for a replacement fuse panel with at least the required number of fuse slots and possible five or so more. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Merry Christmas and beerchug.gif to all.
r_towle
Jwest
jim_hoyland
I installed the Centech auxillary fuse panel. Made for motorcycles, small and has 5 fuses.

See: http://centechwire.com/Motorcycles_c15.htm

Moving the fuse panel under the cowling has been done too
76-914
Would you rather have an 1/8" Plexiglas cover that can take a 13 steel toed boot?
Larmo63
Forrest's baby picture…..

Click to view attachment
GregAmy
QUOTE(r_towle @ Dec 17 2015, 07:49 AM) *

Oh hell yeah. I've hated that panel since the day I had to crawl home 45 minutes, at night, in the rain, panicking because I was showing all of 9.5V on the gauge...only to make it home (YES!) to find my problem was I'd knocked out a fuse from the panel when I got in...

That's going on my Christmas list.
McMark
$25 and 30s to install.

http://www.sierramadrecollection.com/Fuse-...-76-p23661.html

IPB Image
GregAmy
QUOTE(McMark @ Dec 17 2015, 08:38 AM) *

$25 and 30s to install.

Yeah but then it sticks out farther and gets kicked off more often but us Big Shoe guys.

But I'm glad to see some nifty 914 products from two more vendors I was unaware of.
Bartlett 914
The new fuse panels are really nice. I use them. I also like the illuminated fuses that show when one has blown. Really helpful in the dark.
toon1
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Dec 16 2015, 05:30 PM) *

Having kicked my fuses out Yet again, I am hoping to find a sourced for a replacement fuse panel with at least the required number of fuse slots and possible five or so more. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I'm right there with you, I've kicked that Fues cove bunches of times with my big OL' gun boats.

I've been wanting to get the JWest panel just haven't made it a priority.
forrestkhaag
QUOTE(toon1 @ Dec 17 2015, 09:42 AM) *

I'm right there with you, I've kicked that Fuse cove bunches of times with my big OL' gun boats.

JWest seems the way to go. I have kicked the plastic cover a few times and by doing so, eliminated the little "ears" that hold the infernal thin on the lame thing..

Thanks to all for the input and hideous experiences similar to mine.

beerchug.gif
toon1
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Dec 20 2015, 08:10 PM) *

QUOTE(toon1 @ Dec 17 2015, 09:42 AM) *

I'm right there with you, I've kicked that Fuse cove bunches of times with my big OL' gun boats.

JWest seems the way to go. I have kicked the plastic cover a few times and by doing so, eliminated the little "ears" that hold the infernal thin on the lame thing..

Thanks to all for the input and hideous experiences similar to mine.

I made a custom center console with more of a cutout by the gas pedal to accommodate my big feet.

beerchug.gif

hydroliftin
QUOTE(McMark @ Dec 17 2015, 05:38 AM) *

I have to agree with McMark. Unless you really need to upgrade your electrical system, the plastic cover works great (I have size 13s and a 38" inseam). If you look for the VW equivalent this part is under $10.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.