Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT-Wooden Boats to pull behind your 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TJB/914
piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
I like Wooden Boats. popcorn[1].gif and 914's drooley.gif

I have an Old Town Wood Canoe (photo in storage) & will try to figure out a way to load it on my 914 this summer. confused24.gif

This is the wood one (photo) I get a woodie over. pray.gif

Check out Macatawa Bay Boat Works, Saugatuck, MI <www.mbbw.com>
www.mbbw.com

Message to Mark in Grand Rapids rolleyes.gif Start a boat repair business (no rust).

Tom
buck toenges
No Rust. Just Rot biggrin.gif
Kansas 914
This is a picture of my friend's 914 MANY years ago.

Click to view attachment
Bruce Hinds
I think we forget how small our cars are until we load up a small boat.
Click to view attachment
gandalf_025
If you really gotta have 1...
Check out
Lowell's Boat Shop in Amesbury, Mass
here is a link to their "boats for Sale page

http://www.lowellsboatshop.com/pages/boatsforsale.html

History
Established in 1793, Lowell's Boat Shop is the oldest continuously operating boat shop
in America and is cited as the birthplace of the legendary fishing dory.
Located on the North bank of the Merrimack River, skilled craftsmen continue to build
wooden boats in the Lowell tradition on the property purchased by founder Simeon Lowell in the 1700s.

TJB/914
QUOTE(gandalf_025 @ Dec 17 2015, 10:49 AM) *

Check out

History
Established in 1793, Lowell's Boat Shop is the oldest continuously operating boat shop
Located on the North bank of the Merrimack River, skilled craftsmen continue to build
wooden boats in the Lowell tradition on the property purchased by founder Simeon Lowell in the 1700s.

Us guys in MI have clear no salt water, you guys in Mass have salt water to rust your oars happy11.gif stirthepot.gif
Tom
orthobiz
Maybe you could anchor it to the rear fog light...

Merry Christmas, Tom!

Paul
ConeDodger
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Dec 17 2015, 12:30 PM) *

Merry Christmas, Tom!

Paul

Oh! blink.gif
Bartlett 914
What an awesome boat!

QUOTE(TJB/914 @ Dec 17 2015, 11:30 AM) *

QUOTE(gandalf_025 @ Dec 17 2015, 10:49 AM) *

Check out

History

Us guys in MI have clear no salt water, you guys in Mass have salt water to rust your oars happy11.gif stirthepot.gif
Tom

TJB/914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Dec 17 2015, 11:52 AM) *

QUOTE(orthobiz @ Dec 17 2015, 12:30 PM) *

Merry Christmas, Tom!

Paul

Oh! blink.gif

Hi Guys & Merry Christmas to everyone. santa_smiley.gif

Interesting story on my "Old Town Wood Canoe" 16' OTCA loaded with options. wub.gif We believe it's the last factory Indian Design canoe out of the Old Town factory. Old Town had to bring back a retired old guy to paint the Indian Design on our OTCA canoe. We received delivery in late fall 1992 and I had a local Indian Chief do a an Indian dance blessing for $50 bucks at the lakes edge (Wish I had a photo). We didn't have time to put it in the water and it's been stored all these years.
I hope & will put it on the 914 next year for it's first water dip in the lake. happy11.gif
Economy 914 with an economy wood canoe. cheer.gif ConeDogger & Orthoiz beat this & start with a Rear Fog Light. cheer.gif
Tom
thieuster
Wooden boats! Now you got me interested! I've been sailing these for years and years - since I was in my teens.

Sadly, I can not comment advise you on how to transport the boat. Overhere it's not allowed to put a towbar on the car. Porsche's fault: they didn't introduce the car with a possible towbar set up, so the Ministery of Transport will not allow an aftermarket set-up.

If you can put a towbar on your Teener, I would strongly recommend that!

The boat pictured here is a Dutch design Valk (Falcon); a boat built from waterproof plywood. In fact, Bruynzeel the company that introduced waterproof plywood in the '30s designed and built a boat to prove its quality.

Not a boat behind the 914. More behind the Volvo and nowadays the Honda CR-V.

IPB Image
wndsrfr
How about my Shellback behind the only thing I have older than the 914's...
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.