Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stowing Top in Rear Trunk
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
capitolatim
Hi, on my 70 which I just acquired, when I stow the top, it hits on the trunk lid and comes about 1/4 inch from closing. The front edge of the top goes into the white clips fine, and the rubber hold downs for the back seem to catch but don't pull down.

The car appears to have after market pistons for the trunk lid.

Any suggestions, or photos of how it should work?
r_towle
Might need to put the front down lower in the holders or the pistons are hitting
76-914
agree.gif Remove the cylinders and recheck.
914outlaw
QUOTE(r_towle @ Dec 17 2015, 07:17 PM) *

Might need to put the front down lower in the holders or the pistons are hitting

Try shifting the top from side to side. If it is hitting the pistons then it will be a tight fit.
struckn
Make sure the Front Latches are in the Cups correctly.
Andyrew
Could you take a pic of the front left/right and the rubber holders with the trunk in place?

wndsnd
QUOTE(struckn @ Dec 18 2015, 11:37 AM) *

Second that!
karmann
I had the same problem with mine, I put some chalk on the top of the rubber bits that hold down the back of the roof, I put chalk on and once I attempted to close the lid it left a trace of chalk on the trunk lid, I then shaved a fraction off and its closes perfect. I do have reproduction black rubber bits.
cary
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Dec 18 2015, 09:45 AM) *

QUOTE(struckn @ Dec 18 2015, 11:37 AM) *

Second that!

What they said. I do it all the time. Make sure the pivot handle is at 90 degrees.
EdwardBlume
Just throw the top away! You in CA!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.