Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Throttle linkage -6 conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
maddin
Hi there,
could somebody please point me in the right direction.Slightly confused which part to get...

I have a 72' 914 conversion with a 78' 3.0l with CIS.
I need the throttle linkage and the ball cup on the engine but not sure which one exactly...
Would that be the one?
Throttle linkage #90142302603
Is there a difference in the linkage between carbs and CIS?

AA has a few different ball cups but none for a 78'..are they the same as the 77' model?
Ball cups

should I get new bushings too?

Thanks smile.gif
914Sixer
OOPS I thought you needed the floor mount.
Jeffs9146
I purchased the bell crank and mount and made my own throttle bar. I have a 3.0L CIS if you need photos! I used the stock throttle linkage and mount on the motor but I think I had to move the ball on the pivot. I can't remember exactly! blink.gif

porschetub
[quote name='maddin' date='Dec 18 2015, 03:09 PM' post='2278387']
Hi there,
could somebody please point me in the right direction.Slightly confused which part to get...

I have a 72' 914 conversion with a 78' 3.0l with CIS.
I need the throttle linkage and the ball cup on the engine but not sure which one exactly...
Would that be the one?
Throttle linkage #90142302603
Is there a difference in the linkage between carbs and CIS?

AA has a few different ball cups but none for a 78'..are they the same as the 77' model?
Ball cups

should I get new bushings too?

Thanks smile.gif

I bought ball cups from pelican the right hand thread ones are genuine and the left hand thread ones were aftermarket from memory.
I found there was wear in some and not in others,best to check and order the ones to replace the worn ones as they cause lost motion in the whole system and you may not get full throttle,least that's how mine was.
Steer away from AA for part supply ,besides pelican offer a great service and are closer to you freight wise.
I personally wouldn't buy the linkage new,no sense in cutting up a new one which you may have to do,I payed $30 for a good one and cut that to suit length wise.
Edit,yes get all the bushes @ the same time,cheers.
Jeffs9146
notice the ball on my pivot is on the other side of the arm from the one in the bottom photo! I also ground down the corner spot so the shaft didn't hit it.
Mark Henry
This part I just made my own out of a 911 part...but in reading the OP's 1st post it looks like he is looking for a solution that can be purchased.

IPB Image
JmuRiz
Rich Johnson makes a full kit, with new cables and all.

a914guy
maddin
Excellent! Thanks everybody for the input!
Much appreciated :-)
@Jeff I really like your car! :-)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.