Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: D-Jet questions.....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
This is my first D-jet injected 914....all the others have had L-Jet so excuse the silly questions.........

Background: Just installed a complete '76 2.0 motor into my '74 2.0 chassis...

Does this part get grounded to the chassis? IPB Image

What can I not hook up vacuum line related to easy the assembly and trouble shooting of the system?
jonwatts
That MPS is preeeeeeeeety. I don't know if it grounds to the chassis (check the wiring diagrams?). The mounting bracket for it should have rubber grommets through the bolt holes but that may be more for vibration than insulation.

If you cap off the air injection ports (the air pump is already removed) then I believe everything else is standard D-Jet (which doesn't mean much to you or I, understandably).

Chime in here Brad.
JeffBowlsby
No ground for the MPS Mike. Just the 4 pole connection off the FI harness and the vacuum line from the air plenum. The rubber mounts are for vibration isolation only.

Welcome to D-Jet!
Mueller
thanks Jeff.....

"welcome to D-jet"....oh joy sad.gif sad.gif

I just hope it gives me no major troubles.....I don't want to spend a dime on this system knowing that the engine is only temporary until the Megasquirted 2.0 replaces this "borrowed" 2.0

Mike
Bleyseng
Don't hook up the vacuum lines to the Decel valve and AAR valve, plug them. You should hook up the EGR hose to bleed off the engine pressure. Keep it simple til you have it running good, then add on the other stuff. You don't even have to use the vacuum retard hose to the distributor just hook up the adv hose if you can. Check like crazy for vacuum leaks .
Oh, and as noted the MPS just mounts with rubber isolaters. Make sure the ground block for the FI is new and shiney.
Geoff beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.