914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Randal
Here was the contents.

nine14cats
Ya Baby! smilie_pokal.gif

Bill P.
Mueller
"on the door step"???

man, I would be nervous letting the UPS guy leave anything as valuable sitting in front of my house...not that I live in the ghetto, but it's close enough sometimes, hahahaha
bd1308
those be nickies? huh.gif
Randal
man, I would be nervous letting the UPS guy leave anything as valuable sitting in front of my house

You're right about that. Good thing I was just around the corner.

At Christmas time my sister sent me a coat from Eddie Bauer and it disappeared, we discovered later.

Also Loren's ipod was either taken or delivered somewhere else. The delivery company had a signature, but they wouldn't say who signed.

Must be a lot of people following around UPS trucks, I guess.

Randal
those be nickies?

Sure are, and the workmanship is something to behold.
bd1308
QUOTE (Randal @ Mar 14 2005, 04:30 PM)
those be nickies?

Sure are, and the workmanship is something to behold.

no crap.... wub.gif anyone want one of my kidneys...only $2000 (self-performed operation)....i want me some nickies
Trekkor
I like the picture and what you are doing. clap.gif

See you on the track. wink.gif

KT
nebreitling
excellent, randal. excellent...
EdwardBlume
They look nice on your porch... how about in your car? Mar 20th?
teenrookie
Sorry, what are nickies? They look like aircooled cylinder heads off an old BMW bike or something screwy.gif

Thanks
Jake Raby
Randal,
Tell them the rest of the "Good News"....

And about the plans for next season smilie_pokal.gif
Trekkor
rolleyes.gif
nine14cats
Randal....you dog.... laugh.gif

Jake, if this is what I think it is, it should be fun. Randal can drive, and your motor "bits" in his car should be a great show.

I'll be one of the "6 cylinder " guys that he'll be doing his best to blow away. I was hoping one of your recipes would show up out here.

We can only hope it will come true.... smilie_pokal.gif

Bill P.
Randal
OK, well here goes all the secrets:

What can I say - it looks like I'm a pretty lucky guy to have Jake and Charles helping/ sponsoring my new motor.

This should be a lot of fun as we are building the first Raby/LN Engineering motor to be used in Northern California Porsche Club events, i.e., both AutoX and track.

The motor will be slightly bigger than 2.4 liters, 98X80 with all the trick stuff, including special heads by Mr. Hoffman. This will be a high compression motor with a split duration cam design that allows that wonderful Hoffman head to work. It will of course work on the track, but the entire idea is to error on the side of TORQUE.

We will be running GM class or AutoX2, depending upon which rules you want to visit.

And if all the stars and moons line up exactly so, we will be upgrading to a GIANT Raby motor next year. More about this later.

Special thanks also go to Mike Muller who has joined helping make sure we got a set of his incredible bearings to make the suspension work at its best. Mike also will be building a second configuration of four Ninja Throttle Bodies, mounted on Weber Carb intakes to make this thing pull hard.

Also need to thank Bill and Doris Pickering who, in a weaker moment, made available a beautiful posi-traction 901 to get this puppy out of the corners.

And of course Brad Roberts who set up my car in the first place and will be much enjoyed when he returns to guide us again in day-to-day life.

As to power, we'll see after we install and dial in the fuel injection, but this should be a strong configuration, and we all know Jake doesn’t mess around.

bondo
QUOTE (teenrookie @ Mar 14 2005, 10:04 PM)
Sorry, what are nickies? They look like aircooled cylinder heads off an old BMW bike or something screwy.gif

Thanks

They're aluminum cylinders with a nikasil (nickel-silicon?) plating on the inside. Stock is cast iron. They cool much better and are considered a must have when going with big displacement. I also hear they last forever. Does me no good because I'm going V8... but they sure are fun to look at smile.gif
nine14cats
Allright!!!! smilie_pokal.gif Here we go!!!! aktion035.gif

Randal...you mean the short ratio, super double secret probation gearbox you got from us will be used to kick our ass? icon8.gif

Coooool ! smoke.gif

Dammit....where's my car....anybody seen it? I can't wait to get out there....

Trekkor...where are you? We need to start talking trash against these 4 cylinder upstarts! laugh.gif

Good job Randal and Jake. I can't wait for a ride! happy11.gif

Bill P.
Trekkor
four Ninja Throttle Bodies

He means, "Teener Ninja Mutant Throttle Bodies"... ninja.gif

Sorry, Bill, I can't talk too much trash until after the 20th.
If I can get to the top of third, I got 'em. lol2.gif

KT
Randal
If I can get to the top of third, I got 'em.

Guess you better talk to the course designer.
Randal
short ratio, super double secret probation gearbox

I better lock the garage.
Trekkor
I thought I did... unsure.gif Blast...

KT
Jake Raby
Yep.. This "Small" engine is just a kit that I am putting together for Randal to be assembled by some fine craftsman on the other coast... It will be potent. Our current plans call for 12 ish :1 CR and a set of heads similar to whats on my hybrid. These heads have incredible midrange- exactly what Randal needs.

Next year we will be working together to create an engine approcahing 2900cc with my Billet heads to totally dominate! This baby will breathe at 13:1 and make 230 at the wheels! with 200 lb/ft of torque by 2800 RPM and approaching 260 lb/ft at peak torque around 4500-5K. (my 3 liter is doing near this already with 10:1 on pump gas and a first time combo 225HP @ 5K and 230 lb/ft @ 4K)

It will take us till the 2006 season to get this one assembled....

I do believe that Randal is the driver to get the TIV stomping serious ass with MassIVe power on the west coast... With the potential we have already seen with the Billet heads I can honestly say that the car may be untouchable by those "cars with too many cylinders and timing belts" and thats my entire goal in life........ Doing more with less ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.