Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS 914 6 w/steel flares
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
rgalla9146
At Gullwing Motor Cars, Astoria, NY
Original 914 6 with steel flares. Lap welded.
Color changed from Irish green to metallic silver.
Non-matching engine. 911 engine but I can't tell the exactly what it is.
I cannot read the serial number or the type designation.
Original 6 transmission. Fuchs replicas.
No glaring rust problems. Rear trunk floor solid.
Has headers, no HE's
All three VIN locations up front are right and chassis # in rear trunk is in range.
914 043 1796
Asking $47,000
draganc
I Looked at several cars at Gullwing. Plenty of cheap cars but not inexpensive.
Mike Fitton
You talking about this one? http://www.gullwingmotorcars.com/1970-pors...dytype=ALL&
rgalla9146
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Dec 18 2015, 06:50 PM) *

Yes, looked at it today.
87m491

Certainly no worries about them prettying it up just for pictures!

QUOTE(draganc @ Dec 18 2015, 03:43 PM) *

I Looked at several cars at Gullwing. Plenty of cheap cars but not inexpensive.

Coondog
[quote name='87m491' date='Dec 19 2015, 04:58 AM' post='2278943']

Never could understand be it private or dealership.............Take 5 minutes and clean up the interior. Unless it's setting out back in the weeds I walk when I see this. Maybe these guys are flippers and don't care... WTF.gif
mr2by4
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Dec 18 2015, 04:56 PM) *

Yes, looked at it today.

Does it lookelike a driver right away, or is it in need of attention. Looks like there is some rust on the battery tray itself, but none of the pictures show what lies beneath.
gereed75
QUOTE(mr2by4 @ Dec 19 2015, 11:20 AM) *

QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Dec 18 2015, 04:56 PM) *

Yes, looked at it today.

Does it lookelike a driver right away, or is it in need of attention. Looks like there is some rust on the battery tray itself, but none of the pictures show what lies beneath.

Now shows SOLD on their site
Mike Fitton
[quote name='Coondog' date='Dec 19 2015, 07:47 AM' post='2278986']

Never could understand be it private or dealership.............Take 5 minutes and clean up the interior. Unless it's setting out back in the weeds I walk when I see this. Maybe these guys are flippers and don't care... WTF.gif
[/quote]

Yes Peter Kumar is just a flipper. He is buddies with Wayne Carini of "Chasing Classic Cars" on the Velocity channel. Saw an episode where Wayne sold a 356 Cabrio barn find to Kumar then he flipped it to someone in Germany.
Cairo94507
Yeah, how tough is it to get the vacuum out and spend 5 minutes tidying it up for the pics.
rgalla9146
[quote name='Mike Fitton' date='Dec 19 2015, 01:52 PM' post='2279037']
[quote name='Coondog' date='Dec 19 2015, 07:47 AM' post='2278986']

[/quote]

Yes Peter Kumar is just a flipper. He is buddies with Wayne Carini of "Chasing Classic Cars" on the Velocity channel. Saw an episode where Wayne sold a 356 Cabrio barn find to Kumar then he flipped it to someone in Germany.
[/quote]

Flipper ?
He's a full time dealer.
Look a the inventory.
As for the 914 6 it was in such a tight spot that I couldn't take any worthwhile pics.
I decided it wasn't for me based on the flair install, the color change , non-original engine and price.
Didn't seem too rusty but I didn't see the bottom or the right side trouble spots.
The interior was a turn off too.
I'll stick with the conversion project I'm doing.
rick 918-S
Those flares are messed up. All I could think of is the sets that were delivered wrong when AA had the group buy. Maybe someone got a miss matched set and put them on anyway. Lots of good there but lots of whoop ass in that can too.
Skydance
SOLD That was a pretty quick sale, anyone know the sold price?
eric9144
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Dec 19 2015, 06:56 PM) *

Those flares are messed up.

Lap welded, cringe blink.gif
jmill
I'm not feeling the drivers front. Wheel isn't centered to the flare and the top looks wrong.

rgalla9146
I think the left front is a right front.
Or the fronts are switched.
But....... the right side doesn't look too bad.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Dec 22 2015, 02:50 PM) *

I think the left front is a right front.
Or the fronts are switched.
But....... the right side doesn't look too bad.

This reminded me of the group by from AA when they were shipping mis-matched flares. Some guys discovered it. I think this is a guy that didn't. And yes that is what my comment above was about.
Gearup
I'm a little worried. I purchased a set of AA flares from a member here and when I got them they appeared to have a lot of wave in the metal. I pulled them out of the box and was alarmed by their appearance. The individual who sold them to me said they were a group buy here from AA and sat in storage for at least 8 years. I'm worried. I have spent thousands on my project and am stressed that these flares are flawed to begin with. What do I need to look out for if I got one of these first group buy AA flares and can an imperfections be dealt with in the installation process. Thank you for any responses.
mepstein
QUOTE(Gearup @ Dec 22 2015, 11:00 PM) *

I'm a little worried. I purchased a set of AA flares from a member here and when I got them they appeared to have a lot of wave in the metal. I pulled them out of the box and was alarmed by their appearance. The individual who sold them to me said they were a group buy here from AA and sat in storage for at least 8 years. I'm worried. I have spent thousands on my project and am stressed that these flares are flawed to begin with. What do I need to look out for if I got one of these first group buy AA flares and can an imperfections be dealt with in the installation process. Thank you for any responses.

They are all like that. Your body guy will make it right.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Gearup @ Dec 22 2015, 10:00 PM) *

Lay them on the floor end to end and see if they look like a right and left set. If the transition on the forward and trailing edge match you may have two for the same side. AA was making good on these back when the group buy happened.

Find a body guy worth his salt and he will be able to block out the ripples. Like mepstein posted, they are all like that.
Gearup
QUOTE(mepstein @ Dec 22 2015, 09:15 PM) *

QUOTE(Gearup @ Dec 22 2015, 11:00 PM) *

They are all like that. Your body guy will make it right.

Thanks for the reassurance. I have put a lot of time and money into my GT and even the idea of getting an inferior part from the beginning alarmed me. Doing the steel GT conversion and paint to begin with is $$$. Then I see that signal Orange GT sell on the 20th for 15 k just depresses me. That car, if you are familiar with it, was done righ and I watched it for some time when it was for sale in San Diego. I am going to be well north of that price. Where are you in your project ? Brett
jmill
Mine are all waved up. As far as 15k for a clean conversion, that's a steal. That's why most recommend you pick up someone else's stalled or finished project. Deals can be had with that route.

iwanta914-6
QUOTE(Gearup @ Dec 24 2015, 10:36 AM) *

Then I see that signal Orange GT sell on the 20th for 15 k just depresses me. That car, if you are familiar with it, was done right and I watched it for some time when it was for sale in San Diego.

what who when where? I never saw it...
mepstein
QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ Dec 24 2015, 04:31 PM) *

QUOTE(Gearup @ Dec 24 2015, 10:36 AM) *

Then I see that signal Orange GT sell on the 20th for 15 k just depresses me. That car, if you are familiar with it, was done right and I watched it for some time when it was for sale in San Diego.

what who when where? I never saw it...

The caged v8 car? Fiberglass bodywork and track interior? A cool car but not really a "GT"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.