Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interesting EFI for a six
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
Might be a good option for some people here.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911...gement-kit.html
Mueller
QUOTE(r_towle @ Dec 19 2015, 07:24 PM) *

Might be a good option for some people here.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911...gement-kit.html

Nice, I'm sure it cost 2X what I paid for my 914, but it looks pretty well thought out and done well.

JmuRiz
I checked with him and the setup and ITBs cost as much as I paid for my car...yikes.

I love the idea of EFI with ITBs, but it's just too much $ right now.
Dominic
Plug and Play would be great...I'm thinking about using some triple barrel motorcycle throttle bodies (from a Triumph I believe) for a future engine build. It would be a cheaper alternative to the PMO's if you have the time to mess with it. The motorcycle TB's are cheap on ebay.
r_towle
QUOTE(Dominic @ Dec 20 2015, 11:27 AM) *

Plug and Play would be great...I'm thinking about using some triple barrel motorcycle throttle bodies (from a Triumph I believe) for a future engine build. It would be a cheaper alternative to the PMO's if you have the time to mess with it. The motorcycle TB's are cheap on ebay.

You would not be the first to ask, nor the first to start a motorcycle ITB project, but you might be the first to finish it.

Search here for some threads.
flmont
JmuRiz,...How much did u pay for your car...
wndsnd
I contacted him when he first showed up on Pelican. He is using an AEM brain with BMW coil packs. I was thinking would be sweet with PMO ITB's. He had an introductory price of 3200 but I would have to supply throttle bodies. As he sold a few and guys reported good experiences, I contacted him again and said If I do it it would be after 1st of year.

Price is now $3750, said he could not honor intro price. I thought a $500 bump was excessive so back to carbs.
jd74914
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Dec 20 2015, 02:36 PM) *

I contacted him when he first showed up on Pelican. He is using an AEM brain with BMW coil packs. I was thinking would be sweet with PMO ITB's. He had an introductory price of 3200 but I would have to supply throttle bodies. As he sold a few and guys reported good experiences, I contacted him again and said If I do it it would be after 1st of year.

Price is now $3750, said he could not honor intro price. I thought a $500 bump was excessive so back to carbs.

I'm surprised he ever advertised at $3200. It looks like he's using an AEM Infinity 708 ECU which is ~$2400. Audi/BMW coils are likely $100+ each so without adding any other parts you're at ~$3k.

From all I've heard this is a very capable engine controller which has far better reliability that past AEM products. Playing around with it the software seems easier to use than that of of comparably powerful ECU's (definitely much easier right off the bat that a Syvecs SCal/LR LifeCal or MoTeC's packahe) and offers some great options for traction control, etc. if you have the desire to install wheel speed sensors and do some tuning.

I'd love to see an install! smile.gif
maddin
I received a quote yesterday for 3950 US$
Cracker
Guys. This is cheap. To convert an LS to a quality ITB setup it would cost $7500 - and tuning on top of this! This is relative steal...

Tony
wndsnd
Add $2550+ for the ITB's
horizontally-opposed
So about $6500 for the system plus install and tuning? Or would it be a bit cheaper if one skips the CIS setup for the PMO ITBs?

If it's $6500 plus the above, I suspect it's getting into basic Motec territory as set up by a reputable shop that might be able to provide good baselines to reduce the tuning? Also, I wonder about longterm support, Motec vs. AEM.

After dropping considerable cash into dyno tuning with Webers, with more to come, and considering the value of a nice set of Webers, systems like this do get one to thinking. idea.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.