Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chassis measurements checking for squareness
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mb911
My car has the typical rot and I am looking to start fully welding in all the repair panels.. I can see the from how the top fits on the car it's not square. The roll bar is offset from the windshield. Some of this is probably due to an accident that I can see the car was in at one point..some is rust.. I believe the measurement is suppose to be 25 1/8 and there is a diagonal measurement as well.. My questions along with measurement s is exactly where is this to be measured so I make it right previous to all of the welding
914Sixer
All the measurement information is in the top right hand corner of forum under 914 Info
cary
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...;hl=measurement
This covers the X measurement.

You need the Y to determine if the windshield is tweaked. This determines if the body is square without the windshield frame in the equation.
mb911
Awesome thanks.. Okay so what persuasions methods have all of you used? Ratchet straps, portapower, turnbuckles, come a longs?
jmill
Verify all measurements before you pull or push things around. I had Rick (rick 918-s) awesome guy btw, come by and help me. Turns out mine only needed the windshield frame straightened out. I had a door latch that was bad that led me to think body was tweaked. Without Rick, I may have tweaked my car rather than straightening it.

I used a BFH, turnbuckle and Rick's fancy tool to move stuff around (that's Rick in the pics). You may have seen these if you read my sig thread.
SirAndy
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Dec 20 2015, 06:55 AM) *

All the measurement information is in the top right hand corner of forum under 914 Info

agree.gif

http://www.914world.com/specs/914info.php
smash.gif
rick 918-S
Make a set of adjustable braces. I use the top latch as a mount rather than the seat belt bolt on the targa bar. The seat belt bolt threaded mount can and does flex.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.