Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking to buy/trade for 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
RacingDreamz
I realize this is a very BIG longshot. As I've only seen ONE car like this. But I'm looking for a 914 "automatic". Our organization is looking for "automatic' Porches and a 914 would be the icing on the cake. We are starting to build our 'Veterans' program and some of the vets do not have the ability to use all their 'limbs' so we need easier to drive vehicles. If anyone knows of a 914 automatic, please refer them to us or us to them.
Thank you.
Dominic
QUOTE(RacingDreamz @ Dec 20 2015, 01:14 PM) *

I realize this is a very BIG longshot. As I've only seen ONE car like this. But I'm looking for a 914 "automatic". Our organization is looking for "automatic' Porches and a 914 would be the icing on the cake. We are starting to build our 'Veterans' program and some of the vets do not have the ability to use all their 'limbs' so we need easier to drive vehicles. If anyone knows of a 914 automatic, please refer them to us or us to them.
Thank you.

To be honest, you won't find any factory built "automatic" 914's for sale. The factory Sportomatic gearboxes in 914's are as rare as hens teeth if you can even find one (automatic stick, you would still need to shift, just don't need the clutch). Pretty much all 914's all came with 5 speed manual gearboxes (Porsche 901 gearbox).

Unless you found someone who converted the engine and trans in a 914 (to an automatic one).

Best of luck with your search.

PanelBilly
It might be easier to have a subi engine put in a car that has an automatic
mepstein
Buy a Boxter.
RacingDreamz
Thanks to everyones commments. I do agree, never has been a factory stock automatic. I have seen one that had an Audi trans mated to 1.8L and was hoping I could see it on here.
A Sub conversion would be nice as well as a Boxter. But that again is $$'s. So we'll keep looking and see what, if anything, comes up. Again, thanks for the comments and suggestions. smile.gif
rgalla9146
QUOTE(RacingDreamz @ Dec 20 2015, 10:00 PM) *

Thanks to everyones commments. I do agree, never has been a factory stock automatic. I have seen one that had an Audi trans mated to 1.8L and was hoping I could see it on here.
A Sub conversion would be nice as well as a Boxter. But that again is $$'s. So we'll keep looking and see what, if anything, comes up. Again, thanks for the comments and suggestions. smile.gif

You are right, someone here adapted an Audi 5000(?) trans to a 914
wes
I think though very rare to begin with and due to the lack of power most have been ether trashed or converted to the five speed thou I believe Gorge Hussy has one in his collection. Also due to the fact that theas cars being a bit of a challenge to get in and out of if you want a Porsche it might be better to look for a 944 as they are also fun and much easier to drive.
RacingDreamz
We're looking at 944's as well. I'm just a big fan of the 914.
dlkawashima
Last I ever saw of it, it was sold on ebay by these guys. You can try giving them a call and see if they might help you locate it.

Click to view attachment
AZ914
I think member Computers4Kids (maybe?) built one?
dlkawashima
QUOTE(AZ914 @ Dec 27 2015, 09:39 AM) *

I think member Computers4Kids (maybe?) built one?

That's the same car in the picture above. Mark (computers4kids) sold it to a guy in San Jose ... I saw it several times at Ken's Sportech where it was being serviced. The car had an issue with the starter, which was corrected. Then the car popped up on ebay (the picture above is from the ebay ad) where it sold for about $8500.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.