Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Orange V8 conversion taking feelers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
sellhammer
Looking to MAYBE move on to a new project. Had this car for 2 years and loved every second of it. Recently moved to the east coast and it sits garaged and is really unhappy. Below is the previous listing when i bought it. $15K

1974 Porsche 914 v8, signal orange with black interior. Let me start by saying that an incredible amount of time, effort and money has been spent on building this car into what it is today. It is an amazing combination of agility and performance with a nostalgic 1970's flair. Here is a list of what has been performed: complete renegade hybrid small block chevy engine conversion kit.(this kit includes adaptors for engine/transmission, heavy duty clutch, flywheel, pressure plate, engine cradle, shifter linkages, radiator,electric cooling fan,) -chevy 350 5.7 liter, zz4 factory crate motor, 355 horsepower - rebuilt 901 gearbox (first gear not used) -renegade hybrid high performance axle assemblies with heavy duty cv joints -complete 916GT body kit with flared fenders, rocker panels and front and rear bumpers. -high quality body and paint job performed in signal orange -completely new interior, including new seats, door panels, carpeting and headliner -fully insulated floor, roof and bulkhead -lexan rear window and fiberglass GT rear decklid (reduces weight over rear wheels) -new body seals throughout -hella driving lights -new rear shock springs and shocks -7 inch fuchs in front with 205/50/r16 tires -9 inch fuchs (replicas) rear with 225/50/r16 tires -911sc front suspension -911sc front brakes,(calipers and rotors) -911sc rear brakes (calipers and rotors) -aluminum radiator shroud with griffen aluminum performance radiator -thermostatically controlled radiator cooling fan(never gets hotter than 185 degrees) -complete chassis stiffing kit welded onto subframe and suspension reinforcements -complete welded in roll cage that ties front and rear unibody together, suspension points and engine/transmission area -steel lug studs and wheel nuts -auxilliary water temperature gauge and voltage gauge -5 point seat belt harnesses -new windshield -msd electronic ignition system -msd high energy distributor -msd spark plugsClick to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
sellhammer
QUOTE(scotty boy @ Dec 20 2015, 06:45 PM) *

Any current photos and a price

15k will take it.

matthepcat
I feel like I saw this car in the Bay Area CA this past summer. Was it ever in CA?
sellhammer
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Dec 20 2015, 07:11 PM) *

I feel like I saw this car in the Bay Area CA this past summer. Was it ever in CA?

It was, bought in San Diego lived in Sacramento. We did a drive together, one of the best days driving ever. Flying thru San Jose with that Audi conversion. Do you still have that tiny gas tank and huge rev light?
PotterPorsche
I remember that drive. Where is the car located today? I may be interested.
914chris
Are the flares steel or fiberglass?
matthepcat
I knew it! Yes that is me, however my car is now in Florida.

I can personally comment that this car is very clean and well executed. I remember it ran really smooth and was not over aggressively loud.

QUOTE(sellhammer @ Dec 20 2015, 08:03 PM) *

QUOTE(matthepcat @ Dec 20 2015, 07:11 PM) *

It was, bought in San Diego lived in Sacramento. We did a drive together, one of the best days driving ever. Flying thru San Jose with that Audi conversion. Do you still have that tiny gas tank and huge rev light?

sellhammer
QUOTE(PotterPorsche @ Dec 20 2015, 10:36 PM) *

I remember that drive. Where is the car located today? I may be interested.

Car is located in Arlington VA
sellhammer
QUOTE(914chris @ Dec 20 2015, 10:37 PM) *

Are the flares steel or fiberglass?

Steel flares
Bat30265
Pm sent
jimkelly
seems like a beautiful car and offered at a great price aktion035.gif

how was rear trunk firewall modified?
sean_v8_914
i remember seeing that one up in hillcrest. looks hot . strickly hot rod but cool
sellhammer
Car just sold. Thanks guys.
matthepcat
That was fast!

Correctly priced cars always move fast
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.