Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jan 1, 2016
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
phatnine11
Gents,
There are a few people wanting to know if there is going to be a run on Jan 1, New Years Day. So, if anyone is interested, let's meet at the Starbuck's in the shopping center on RTE 66 and Lone Hill ( Glendora) around 6:45 so we can head up around 7:00 AM. We will head over to Baldy, then down into Upland, Breakfast/lunch will be discussed on the run.
PhatNine11
914-300Hemi
Count me in.
914_teener
I.m in.

euro911
The 'BB' isn't drive-able dry.gif
76-914
Sounds good. Might be my last run w/ loud pipes before they are changed out. beerchug.gif
sb914
I might be in.gotta sea whats going on family wise!
Blue6
Damn, I mean gosh darn, I will be out of town. Make sure to post some pics....
sb914
QUOTE(Blue6 @ Dec 22 2015, 08:42 AM) *

Damn, I mean gosh darn, I will be out of town. Make sure to post some pics....

Dave, you're always outta town.lucky guy!
phatnine11
QUOTE(euro911 @ Dec 22 2015, 12:33 AM) *

The 'BB' isn't drive-able dry.gif

Mark, "Run what you brung" I wouldn't worry about what you're driving, join us.
ntrylvl
I'm in...likely in the 914, but maybe I'll mix it up smile.gif
oldschool
blink.gif barf.gif driving.gif poke.gif
914_teener
QUOTE(oldschool @ Dec 22 2015, 08:36 PM) *

blink.gif barf.gif driving.gif poke.gif

Gonna be there Jaime? poke.gif
oldschool
confused24.gif ...Hope 2
oldschool
confused24.gif ...Hope 2
ntrylvl
QUOTE(oldschool @ Dec 23 2015, 08:41 PM) *

confused24.gif ...Hope 2

barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif
ntrylvl
Merry Christmas, everyone! Anyone else interested in a 1/1 drive?
Coondog
Car is still in Arizona so I am out........ headbang.gif
ntrylvl
I just did a San Gabriel Canyon > East Fork Road > GMR run in my teener. The segment of GMR on the north side of the ridge is riddled with rockslide debris in the northbound lane. The segment of GMR from our starting point up to the ridge is pretty clear...so we should be OK with that part of the run. I did not drive Glendora Ridge Road, so not sure how that looks.
914Bryan
Sounds fun, I'm in
garrettlee2
just got my rabbit going again I should be there.
phatnine11
QUOTE(ntrylvl @ Dec 27 2015, 02:47 PM) *

I just did a San Gabriel Canyon > East Fork Road > GMR run in my teener. The segment of GMR on the north side of the ridge is riddled with rockslide debris in the northbound lane. The segment of GMR from our starting point up to the ridge is pretty clear...so we should be OK with that part of the run. I did not drive Glendora Ridge Road, so not sure how that looks.

Ntrylvl,
Thanks for the update, I think I'll take a drive before Jan 1 and check the road conditions.
Phatnine11
ntrylvl
QUOTE(phatnine11 @ Dec 27 2015, 06:59 PM) *

QUOTE(ntrylvl @ Dec 27 2015, 02:47 PM) *

Ntrylvl,
Thanks for the update, I think I'll take a drive before Jan 1 and check the road conditions.
Phatnine11

I'll go with you.
jim_hoyland
Looking at going,.... smile.gif
jim_hoyland
Looking at going,.... smile.gif
914_teener
driving.gif drunk.gif barf.gif
76-914
Any update on the road conditions?
914_teener
I.ll check tocay.....been really cold up here at night besides the earthquake last night.
garrettlee2
Is this still going on or is the road to bad?
phatnine11
Well gents,
I checked the closed road website and it looks like we are a go for tomorrow. C U tomorrow @ Starbucks, 7 AM!
Phatnine11

http://dpw.lacounty.gov/roadclosures/
ntrylvl
QUOTE(phatnine11 @ Dec 31 2015, 04:31 PM) *

Well gents,
I checked the closed road website and it looks like we are a go for tomorrow. C U tomorrow @ Starbucks, 7 AM!
Phatnine11

http://dpw.lacounty.gov/roadclosures/

I'm still planning on being there...if I can drag my butt out of bed. All of this green tea and water I've had tonight might give me a hangover lol-2.gif
phatnine11
Well folks,
Another one in the books and the first for 2016. We had a total of 4 914s, a VW and some turkey brought a non-german car. We had fun, even the guys with racing tires on the ice. Breakfast was good, and everyone made it down the mountain safe.
Happy New Year to all,
Phatnine11
76-914
Thx for putting that together, Cesar. It was the first "test" for my heater which BTW worked so damned well that I was able to drive with the window down. biggrin.gif Also, the cutout I had experienced on long hauls is gone. piratenanner.gif It was indeed the VSS which had not been connected before. piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif Best of all; no accidents. There was one individual however, that hit an eleven on the 1 to 10 pucker scale. happy11.gif av-943.gif lol-2.gif
914-300Hemi
Thanks Cesar for putting it together. Had a great time with everyone and definitely puckered.
Click to view attachment

olsib914
Thanks Ceasar great run although just the passenger, I thought it to be an e ticket ride caveat being the driver used to race corvairs and race car is still in his garage...and in one piece...best to all for 2016
76-914
Wanted to show you guys why I was holding back on right hand turns. Guess what I spent the day doing?

Click to view attachment
914_teener
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jan 2 2016, 05:32 PM) *

Wanted to show you guys why I was holding back on right hand turns. Guess what I spent the day doing?

Click to view attachment

Jeez Kent...hope that's a water line and not a brake line.

Sorry I missed this guys..right in my back yard. Took the grandchild to the Zoo and was eating carmel candy. Bit down on the good ole back molar and split it in half....

Luckily I was able to get a hold of a dentist to temporarily get a crown on it. Not a fun New Years eve....besides the pain pills.

Susan and I want to do a 914 BBQ come Spring. Looks like we are gonna get hammered by rain and snow this week.

Glad you guys had a safe drive.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(914_teener @ Jan 3 2016, 11:42 AM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Jan 2 2016, 05:32 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Jeez Kent...hope that's a water line and not a brake line.

Sorry I missed this guys..right in my back yard. Took the grandchild to the Zoo and was eating carmel candy. Bit down on the good ole back molar and split it in half....

Luckily I was able to get a hold of a dentist to temporarily get a crown on it. Not a fun New Years eve....besides the pain pills.

Susan and I want to do a 914 BBQ come Spring. Looks like we are gonna get hammered by rain and snow this week.

Glad you guys had a safe drive.

That HAS to be a coolant line givin' those cheesy looking hose clamps. av-943.gif
colingreene
Is that garden hose? yikes.
sb914
"Uh"that would be gates green stripe hose!
914_teener
I think it needs some silicone and another hose clamp......

The more moment on the No 10 tex screw the better.

Ok.....flame on.
76-914
Funny Ellyut. Actually those are the proper SS clamps for water hose but definitely not fuel. They are there from a prior repair. mad.gif Thank God I used that green stripe hose. It was thick enough to withstand initial abuse. piratenanner.gif Now, it's all rerouted within the front trunk. Did somebody say BBQ? chowtime.gif Have appetite; Will travel. beerchug.gif
914_teener
You did sir Kent......a la Joe Sharp.....

Sometime in Spring.....post Nin yo beerchug.gif

Wives would be welcome if yaw all still habe one of em.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.