Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pics of My Car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rhodes71/914
Haven't done a pics of my car thread so I thought I would share.

Bought the car on ebay as a surprise to my wife, she always wanted another one after having one as her first car in highschool.

Here it is the day we inspected it, the whole family took a road trip and visited my brother in Berkely for a quick weekend. Car was in a diesel truck repair lot in Woodland, CA. Few other cars that looked like they were bought at an auction in the lot as well.
Rhodes71/914
Nuther
ChrisReale
Aren't yo a little young to be driving? (regarding the first pic)
Nice solid looking car.
Rhodes71/914
Dusty...
Rhodes71/914
This was back in August of last year right about the same time I became a member of this crazy club. After that initial look over we left the car there trucked on down to the bay area for a one day visit and street car ride for the kids.

Here we are early the next morning on the dolly ready for the hual north.
jd74914
In the last picture it looks like a ford F-1. You should've picked that up too happy11.gif I have never seen a driver quality one sell for less than 6K. Anyways. On Topic Again: Nice looking car smilie_pokal.gif
Rhodes71/914
QUOTE (ChrisReale @ Mar 14 2005, 06:49 PM)
Aren't yo a little young to be driving? (regarding the first pic)
Nice solid looking car.

Ya, he loves the car, has since the first time we saw it.

Picked up a 2L with sideshift trans from a guy I met cause he had 5 914s in his yard and of course I had to meet him. Only lives a couple miles away and lots of parts.

Cleaned up and ready replace the tired 1.7.
Rhodes71/914
Just because the tires look ok doesn't mean the are. Shredded one about a half hour into the tow. Should have seen us pushing the car off the dolly, turning it around on the shoulder of I-5 and back on with a flat tire. Spare was already on the car.

This was noticed in Redding were we got a couple of used tires to get home on.

Rhodes71/914
Amazing what polishing compound can do for faded paint. New paint is not in the budget right now, so I had to do something. Rattle canned the rockers. New Falken Ziex 195/65 tires.
Rhodes71/914
I need a front valance or spoiler.

I first tried Back to Black for the bumber tops, sail panel vinyl and top. It worked ok on the bumber but not the top at all. Found some stuff called Black Again that did pretty good.
Rhodes71/914
Wife didn't like the spoiler on the rear deck so now I have 4 holes and some scratched paint. It's hammered anyways, think I might just replace it with a fiberglass one.

Also need a rear valance.
914helo
I'm glad you saved another one smilie_pokal.gif Was there much rust that you've found?
Rhodes71/914
QUOTE (914helo @ Mar 14 2005, 09:27 PM)
I'm glad you saved another one smilie_pokal.gif Was there much rust that you've found?

Well there was this. Some how the pics of the repair got deleted. I just fabbed some pieces of sheet metal and had a friend weld them in. Rattle Canned the bad spots in the engine compartment to. It'll work until I can afford to strip it all down and do a real paint job.

Most of the rust was on the engine shelf, inner long and suspension consul were fine.
Rhodes71/914
The jack post on the drivers side was pretty shot. Hadn't gone through yet. Ground it off and treated the area. Still have to weld a new one on.

Sa far that Has been the worst of it, there are some little spots here and there but overall it's pretty solid. I'm very happy with it so far, it's fun as hell to drive and I haven't even touched the suspension yet.
sixnotfour
Sean , could you measure how wide the porsche script is on your sides, I would like to get one that width. Thanks ,

Great Project way to score a 2.0
Rhodes71/914
Jeff the neg. strip is 3 1/16" wide. The 2L is great but all I have to compare it to was the tired 1.7 that was in the car.
sixnotfour
Thanks for the measurement .
Everyone keeps refering to pics and books I just wanted to know how wide it was.
Thanks a Million. smilie_pokal.gif

2.0 the only way to go
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.