Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New lower pricing on engine seal sets Better tham the URO ones!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
Those of you that have been around long enough may remember these are why I started making parts. The split Y seal was NLA. I was doing a father and son project with my son Michael. I joined up with the username mikey914 so he could hang out here and ask questions as he progressed.

This is why I'm Mikey914 here and my name is Mark.

This was my 1st seal I made for the 914. The split Y seal. After seeing how expensive the other 3 seals were I decided to make the die for them.

There was a point in time where these seals OEM would run over $200!

I've been working hard to bring the costs of restoring the 914's down and to be a good vendor. I've never tried to get rich doing these but did make enough to keep rolling over into new products. That and I have put a good deal of my own money into making parts.

I took it kind of personal when I saw that URO decided to jump into making these too. So, my natural response is to sell them for less than they can.

We just did a huge run of these (over 250 sets), to reduce our costs to the bare minimum. We can pass on some additional saving to those that want to purchase some now.

These seals have NEVER been less expensive, and a few hundred of you can vouch for the quality. I'm not sure how the Chinese ones compare to these, but at a lower price point, who cares?

Just bump the thread if you are interested and I'll drop you a discount code.

Thanks to all for your support, and have a happy holiday season!

Merry Christmas!
shoguneagle
Mark, as far as I am concerned you are the man for 914 seals and related parts. I always go to you first and then I go onto other suppliers related to our cars. You provide a service which is of the highest quality. Enough said about that.

Every time I see "URO" I am turned off from buying from them. I have a little experience with their parts and I do not like what I see and have experienced. This is my personal experience and opinion not anyone else.

Just developing molds to make your different products does run into time and money being at risk for periods of time. The development does not just happen over night in most cases. I for one do appreciate the quality and service I have received from your group.

Keep on trucking, Tiger!

I do not have any need for these seals but will be in contact in the near future for your other seals.
mb911
I know exactly how you feel when I owned m&k exhaust there was a company that came along and did almost an outright copy of my product.. Made me mad as well. I do need these seals but unfortunately it's not high on my priority as I have a ton of metal work to do first.. We will be in touch though in the future.. I need a bunch of rubber..
Mueller
Interested, but won't be able to buy for a few months...
rhodyguy
Wow! What a deal! Buy em' now fellas. They'll live in the bag, on a shelve (like all of the other parts waiting to go to work) just fine. Here's my bump mark.
Mark Henry
Mark I need this, but I want to get a master cylinder, can I buy this now and have you hold on shipping till the MC's come in?
These are all the surround (engine top/bottom) air seals right?

I'm in Canada, I'd rather only pay for shipping once.
Zimms
I am in for a set.
colingreene
so the one i bought from you previously was a uro seal?
toolguy
Mark, I'll take these plus I need an engine lid to rear window glass seal.
Can you make it one order please.

Got them both ordered. . The 'secret code word' made me roll on the floor laughing. .

Dave
gandalf_025
I'm in for a set and want one of the master cylinders also...

let me know how to order...
sixaddict
Mark
I am in for set......appreciate what you do.......especially breaking the monopoly that existed.
Traveling but believe you may have my info.
May need something else so perhaps hold shipping til next week.
Thanks
Terry
wreath.gif wreath.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(mb911 @ Dec 23 2015, 06:41 AM) *

I know exactly how you feel when I owned m&k exhaust there was a company that came along and did almost an outright copy of my product.. Made me mad as well. I do need these seals but unfortunately it's not high on my priority as I have a ton of metal work to do first.. We will be in touch though in the future.. I need a bunch of rubber..

Hey, at $55 it will still be less.

This is America and I do believe in competition, so bring it on. We are making many changes as the result of the entry of URO into the market. The key to surviving, is maintaining the quality and expanding service, and doing so at a price point that is comparable or better. We have some cool things in the works and it will be something that will generate the volumes we need.
Thanks,
Mark

PS you may have noticed that we now offer reg mail with tracking as an option so you can order the one little part that you don't want to pay $6 for priority mail for.

See improvements already!
Mikey914
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Dec 23 2015, 07:48 AM) *

Mark I need this, but I want to get a master cylinder, can I buy this now and have you hold on shipping till the MC's come in?

I can appreciate the desire to combine, and will do so when we can. The master cylinder is a long term project we hope to have done by this time next year. With all the parts we need to make and the testing, it may be a while until we can offer you a tested complete product. Unlike the lab(s) at URO we are still awaiting our periodic table, for full testing (Not sure but most likely singular). biggrin.gif

BeatNavy
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Dec 23 2015, 12:27 PM) *

This is America and I do believe in competition, so bring it on.

flag.gif

(I include our non-US but otherwise like-minded friends all over the 914World in that sentiment).

Rock on, Mark.
Mikey914
QUOTE(colingreene @ Dec 23 2015, 07:52 AM) *

so the one i bought from you previously was a uro seal?

No, we just ran 5000' of material this last run so that we could get our best pricing. Just trying to reduce the quantity on hand.
biggrin.gif

URO recently started knocking these off.
iankarr
I'm in for a set...
jmill
I'm in.
restore2seater
I'm in for a set.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Dec 23 2015, 12:32 PM) *

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Dec 23 2015, 07:48 AM) *

I can appreciate the desire to combine, and will do so when we can. The master cylinder is a long term project we hope to have done by this time next year. With all the parts we need to make and the testing, it may be a while until we can offer you a tested complete product. Unlike the lab(s) at URO we are still awaiting our periodic table, for full testing (Not sure but most likely singular). biggrin.gif

Ahh.... I thought the MC was only 90 days out, my bad.

Would you hold for say 30 days while I got my poop in a group on a wish list?
raynekat
I'll take a set. Thx
PotterPorsche
I'm in
Porschef
Likewise beer.gif
maf914
I would like a set. As always, Thanks Mark.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.