Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yokohama Sdrive or Dunlop Direzza DZ102 Tire?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ndfrigi
Merry Christmas fellow 914 owners/enthusiast!

I'm planning to buy new tires for my 75 and looking for a 205x55x15 for my 911 fuchs wheels for street driving.

Can someone give their opinion about Yokohama Sdrive or Dunlop Direzza DZ102?

Thank you again teeners!

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
jimkelly
to me, according to images shown, my assumption would be that the yokohama would be better in rain ??
wndsnd
Dont know about rain because I do not partake.

But I have those Dunlops on my car. For rhe money they are a great tire. I even bested a friend and his 911 on rhe Autox course at Herhshey this year after they warmed up a bit.

poke.gif You know who you are......

There is supposed to be a hot Bridgestone out this year.
jmill
No experience with either but I'd go to tire rack and see which one has the better rating.

From the looks of it the Dunlop is rated #3 and the Yokohama is rated #6 out of 16 tires in this category. Looking at customer reviews it's very close with the Dunlop taking the win due to better treadwear, less noise and better ride quality.
Vysoc
Dunlop Direzza DZ102 gets my vote, I have had the equivalent Yokohama and have heard better things about the Dunlop.

Vysoc-Merry Christmas santa_smiley.gif flag.gif
zuluwpt
I use the Sdrives. Good performance anyway, last longer but they are smaller. Both have the same size 205mm but the Dunlops are still wider if you would measure both. I used several brands and had great trouble with the Bridgestones. They were the widest. If there is not enough space in the rear - choose the Sdrives ...
Merry Christmas
ndfrigi
Thanks to all who already gave their comments/suggestions!

My current is a Falken 205x50 but more than 10 yrs old based on the production date. This tire has a lip that protects the rim lip which I like, but not sure if the higher ratio from 50 to 55 may give more outside tire that can rub the fender.

Click to view attachment
Racer
Dunlop
Coondog
You had me at buy 3 get one free......
ndfrigi
QUOTE(Coondog @ Dec 23 2015, 05:44 PM) *

You had me at buy 3 get one free......

Yes sir there is a promo Buy 3 and get 1 Free till Dec. 31. Problem I will not be back home till Jan. 1. I'm with my family here in Portland at my wife twin sister's family.

I will try calling American Tire Depot if I can get the promo by paying it before Dec 31 and installation by 1st week of January.

RickS
I have SDrives on 15s 205/55 and the sidewalls flex like rubber bands when you load them up in the corners and then spring back totally unsettling the car.
colingreene
Dunlop all the way.
Andyrew
Had S drives on my CRX. Not extremely impressed with them but they were a great streeet tire, just not extremely grippy. Very large rain groves...
garrettlee2
Had sdrives (195\40-16) on my rabbit as road tires they suck. Not stick at all! now i'm running federal 595 rsr racing (195\50-15) they are a good deal for the money. How hard do you drive and how many miles do you plan on driving a year? The federal s are scary in the rain.
vintage914racer
I have the dunlops on my 914. I've only put 700 miles on them but so far so good. I got caught in the rain a couple of times and they seemed to work fine, however I generally avoid driving the car in the rain.
jacquot
Noel, I have the Dunlops on my black car for street use and like them. Happy New Year, Jacquot
ndfrigi
Thank you fellow teeners for all the responses and for helping me decide what tires to buy. Sir Jacquot, with your more than a decade experienced with this car will confirmed me more! Thanks again and see you on the Get Together for a trailing arm bushing replacement at my place.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.