Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Indoor Gokart Racing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Trekkor
It was awesome.
They only go 40mph, but when you are 1" off the ground and darting through the course chasing and being chased, you're pumped. rocking nana.gif

I won my second race of 8 karts. Had a lap time better than a second faster than #2. smilie_pokal.gif

RPM in Sac.
RPM

Costs about $20 for ten minutes. dry.gif
What doesn't?

They give you a Sparco race suit, neck collar and a helmet to deck you out.

I'll do it again.

KT
PatW
The track in Burlingame is better.

http://gokartracer.com/
Trekkor
I'll try it, then.

KT
lapuwali
There are at least three such places in the Bay Area. I've only been to Speedring, which also has karts that do about 40mph. Speedring is $50 for 25min, but you get qualifying (5 min, or 8-10 laps) and a standing start race of about 35 laps or so. You're usually ready to stop when they throw the checker.

For REAL fun, go to Sears Pt., and head up the hill to the kart track they have there. There's a rental operation, and for about $120 you get an hour in a 90mph kart that very probably out accelerates anything you've ever driven. They're certainly as fast as any of the 120hp bikes I've ridden. The track itself is fantastic, with lots of elevation change and several types of corners.
EdwardBlume
When is the Sear Pt thing open? Year round? Group rate? 914 group? rolleyes.gif
PatW
QUOTE (trekkor @ Mar 14 2005, 08:47 PM)
I'll try it, then.

KT

Go on a Monday. They'll open up both sides of the track into a monster track..

Mondays 12pm-10pm the Yokohama and Monza Tracks are combined to create a SuperTrack. This course has over 20 left and right turns, 2 chicanes, and an elevation change. The length is almost 3/8 of a mile with average lap times of 1 minute. Up to 15 drivers on track. This is the largest indoor track in the United States.

Pat
MattR
Done it.

YAWN

I guess most people dont drive a 912 with an exhaust leak on the street...
teenrookie
There is www.dromo1.com in Orange County, CA.

It is a lot of fun.

They would do group rates...Aaron, this seems like something you would want to put together.
PatW
QUOTE (Rob Ways @ Mar 14 2005, 08:57 PM)
When is the Sear Pt thing open? Year round? Group rate? 914 group? rolleyes.gif

Check it out..

http://www.espnrussellracing.com/karting/karting.php driving.gif

Lets go!
Trekkor
Yes, it is extreme.

Only 20 minutes from my driveway.

KT
VaccaRabite
10 minutes. First post.
Zach
SirAndy
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jul 18 2011, 03:19 PM) *
10 minutes. First post.

SPAM ... The link goes to a SPAM site ... I'm killing it right now ...
underthetire
There is an Imigo in Livermore as well. Last I checked it was ~40 bucks, at least with my discount. Included training, some laps, then a race.
SirAndy
QUOTE(underthetire @ Jul 18 2011, 03:39 PM) *
There is an Imigo in Livermore as well. Last I checked it was ~40 bucks, at least with my discount. Included training, some laps, then a race.

This thread is 6 years old! It was bumped up by a SPAMMER ...

Nothing to see here, move along please ...

bye1.gif
Jeffs9146
mad.gif
underthetire
I blame Zach then.

VaccaRabite
QUOTE(underthetire @ Jul 18 2011, 06:10 PM) *

I blame Zach then.

Fair enough.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.