Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SBC head casting question.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr. Roger
I just scored a 4 bolt main 5.7 liter long block. I seems to have 2.02 heads...
Most likely a 2002 mfg engine. Out of a truck.
I'm trying to figure out what exactly it is and it's specs so I can order special treats for her insides....
I will check this string daily...
Pic attached.
All question will be answered and apreciated.
Muchas gracias!! biggrin.gif
user posted image
Type 4 Unleashed
Roger, you can get the # off the block, call a Chevrolet dealer, the parts dept, will be able to look up the specs on the motor, the year, what it came out of.

The thing about truck motors, if it's a 4 bolt main it probally has a cast crank, and the 2 bolt main truck motors had a steel crank. And if it's an original truck motor, the heads arn't 202's, unless there not original, or it's not out of a truck. The parts dept will clear it all up for you.

I couldn't tell much by the attached pic w00t.gif
BIGKAT_83
Here is a list of all of the Chevrolet casting numbers. You can figure out what you have with these.

http://www.mortec.com/castnum.htm
Dr. Roger
Thanks so much guys.

I looked it up and it apparently came from way back and was used on early and late models. Non Vortec obviously. The '02 applicatin was for 1 ton cargo vans.

1.94" intakes... The 2.02" measurement was in the dark. =-)

Oh well, I guess I'll go the mid range cam, low rise split plentum intake, 650cfm mechanical secondary, headers route.

Anyone got an extra Mallory dual point? biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.