A bit more about then the 914

My dad had a 94 z r -1. And a 928 s

I thought those two style of cars would humiliate most 914 s

Performance wise

But will never handle or steer like a 914

Feels like your flying the wright flyer in a beer3.gif 914

Corvette and 928 is more like a commercial jet
GeorgeRud
GM was considering a mid-engined Corvette back in the day, but this concept didn't go far as they wanted to keep the front engine.

Actually, this design study looks mighty fine to me and I think it would have sold well. The new Corvettes can certainly teach Porsche something about building cars as they are amazing. I can't really get into Corvettes though I do appreciate what they've become.
EdwardBlume
mad.gif

They messed up a perfectly good 914....
Cracker
QUOTE(RobW @ Dec 25 2015, 11:25 PM) *

mad.gif

agree.gif
veekry9
Click to view attachment

Sure,any auto aged teen was all over the '60s Corvettes.This blue AstroII is the one I liked back then.
When news was from the carmags,it was all good,and for the time the show Vettes were spaceage.
http://www.corvettes.nl/gm_prototypes/xp897/

Now,a Pininfarina Vette makes them wet,the rarity and pedigree.A Vankel too.
Would there be a market for a retro styled Vette for the discerning sports enthusiast?

http://www.corvetteforum.com/articles/mid-...e-weve-waiting/
Remains to be seen,a '63 styled mid.
Unobtanium-inc
GM also bought the very first Beck 550 Spyder. I wrote it up in the next issue of Porsche 356 Registry magazine. The car was recently found along with a real Speedster in a barn.
EdwardBlume
I dig Becks work. I guess GM did too!
worn
QUOTE(RobW @ Dec 25 2015, 08:25 PM) *

mad.gif

agree.gif
And the hood opens wrong...
NeunEinVier
That Experimental Project 897 car is as ugly as the Scaglietti Corvette is gorgeous, too bad they only made three.
mskala
This rear-engine vw based 'vette' was on ebay last week.
Click to view attachment
Read ebay description if you are interested, it is quite detailed. Shala Vette.
Seems basically like a one-off. You could make it rear-engine 914 powered.
screenguy914
Unfortunately, instead of building a shape-shifting mid-engine Corvette, GM asked current Corvette owners what platform they wanted. They, of course, overwhelmingly wanted to stay with ugly (MHO), overweight, front-engined iron V8s with ill-fitting FG panels and GM QC. Fortunately, PAG moves into the future based on their own design and engineering acumen.

A prototype Porsche-like Corvair flat six design featured twin cams, 4 valves/cyl. and Rochester FI - along with prototype mid-engine vehicles, more great ideas scuttled by the legendary GM bean counters. One reason why I pay scant attention to concept cars. They're mostly marketing vehicles likely never to see the light of day.

Sherwood
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.