Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reason I haven't commited to WCC yet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nebreitling
so three weeks ago, an ensemble i was commissioned to write a piece for changed the date of the performance. SO, now i've got a premiere of a brand-new piece on friday night, 22 april, up here in SF. now, i've never been known to bow to social pressures, but professional and social decorum in such circles would suggest that it is considered highly disrespectful to the performers to miss your own premiere.

now, i could always make it down to WCC by saturday evening, but i feel like i would have missed out on a lot.

so, i have to ask myself: WWBD? (what would Brad do?)

Please, guide me towards to light... pray.gif
phantom914
Go to the premiere.

Andrew
SirAndy
QUOTE (nebreitling @ Mar 15 2005, 10:55 AM)
so, i have to ask myself: WWBD?

if you really have to ask yourself that question you're better off hanging with the black suits in SF and zipp on your champagne ...

rolleyes.gif Andy
Aaron Cox
come down here or ill kick your ass! rolleyes.gif
phantom914
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Mar 15 2005, 10:59 AM)
come down here or ill kick your ass! rolleyes.gif

Don't let Aaron get near your ass!

Andrew
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (phantom914 @ Mar 15 2005, 12:01 PM)
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Mar 15 2005, 10:59 AM)
come down here or ill kick your ass!  :rolleyes:

Don't let Aaron get near your ass!

Andrew

flipa.gif
Jeroen
load up the teener for the WCC, go to the premiere then after get in the car and drive straight to SoCal
Ya wuss...
bondo
The Stanford DPS would want you to miss the WCC smile.gif Sleep all day friday, get up, go to the premiere, then drive down. smile.gif Traffic down 101 is nonexistent late at night.. you could probably make the drive in 3 hours. cool.gif burnout.gif
mike_the_man
Nathan, you've given me a lot of good advice on here in the last couple of years, and I was looking forward to meeting you at the WCC. I'm driving 1700 frickin miles for this! You can make the 3 hour trip! I'll buy you a beer or two if you show up. Go to your artsy thing, then haul ass to the WCC! Do it! Come on, do it!

GTeener
QUOTE (mike_the_man @ Mar 15 2005, 12:08 PM)
Nathan, you've given me a lot of good advice on here in the last couple of years, and I was looking forward to meeting you at the WCC. I'm driving 1700 frickin miles for this! You can make the 3 hour trip! I'll buy you a beer or two if you show up. Go to your artsy thing, then haul ass to the WCC! Do it! Come on, do it!

It's not exactly 3 hour drive from SF. Its' about 360 miles South.

In the dead of night, with no traffic it could be 5 hours. Hauling ass, a little shorter, but still do-able biggrin.gif

1700 miles ohmy.gif You rock Mike!
JeffBowlsby
load up the teener for the WCC, go to the premiere then after get in the car and drive straight to SoCal

aktion035.gif agree.gif

You are a wildman Nathan... rolleyes.gif

We'll hope to see you for breakfast on Saturday...
Trekkor
I on the other hand, will make it a three day race extravaganza.

A/X 23rd, A/X 24th , drive down Sun night to the desert, WCC track day on the 25th. mueba.gif

See ya on the "Streets".

KT
neo914-6
Send a Nathan double to the premiere, you young Stanford guys look alike laugh.gif
nebreitling
okay, okay... i'll skip the afterparty, drive to the concert in my loaded truck pulling the 914, leave SF around 10.30/11, and be in LA around 3 or 4am. few hours of sleep, and then brkfst with the gang!!!!!

aktion035.gif

(this is gonna hurt)
GTeener
QUOTE (nebreitling @ Mar 15 2005, 01:01 PM)
okay, okay...  i'll skip the afterparty, drive to the concert in my loaded truck pulling the 914, leave SF around 10.30/11, and be in LA around 3 or 4am.  few hours of sleep, and then brkfst with the gang!!!!!

aktion035.gif

(this is gonna hurt)

If you can put 2 914's on your trailer I'll help you with the driving :^)
nebreitling
flat-tow, sorry!
GTeener
QUOTE (nebreitling @ Mar 15 2005, 01:21 PM)
flat-tow, sorry!

Bummer. You're on your own then wink.gif
bondo
You might be able to find somebody to come along as a guest and share the driving duties that otherwise wouldn't be able to make it.
GTeener
QUOTE (bondo @ Mar 15 2005, 01:31 PM)
You might be able to find somebody to come along as a guest and share the driving duties that otherwise wouldn't be able to make it.

Are there such people?
mike_the_man
Good to hear Nathan! I'll buy you a can of RedBull and a couple of beer!

nebreitling
QUOTE (GTeener @ Mar 15 2005, 01:57 PM)

Are there such people?

my gf will be coming with me smilie_pokal.gif

what's your story, gwen -- you need to tow your car down?

there will be room in my truck bed for your race-rubber if you want to put some street tires on and drive the GTeener down. Or, we can certainly fit 3 in the cab.

lmao 'bout the redbull, mike! my journey pales in comparison to yours!

nate
Howard
ALERT! Someone snag Gwen on the way down! She's just looking for a little encouragement.
GTeener
QUOTE (nebreitling @ Mar 15 2005, 02:34 PM)
QUOTE (GTeener @ Mar 15 2005, 01:57 PM)

Are there such people?

my gf will be coming with me smilie_pokal.gif

what's your story, gwen -- you need to tow your car down?

there will be room in my truck bed for your race-rubber if you want to put some street tires on and drive the GTeener down. Or, we can certainly fit 3 in the cab.

lmao 'bout the redbull, mike! my journey pales in comparison to yours!

nate

I'm thinking as of right now I may just come for the weekend. I don't think I can get Monday off from work, but driving on the track is fun!

I'd prefer to come with my 914 if I come at all. So I need to work out the logistics on that. I'm pretty sure she'll make the road trip fine confused24.gif

Company would be nice on the road down, but not essential I suppose...
mike_the_man
QUOTE (Howard @ Mar 15 2005, 03:00 PM)
ALERT! Someone snag Gwen on the way down! She's just looking for a little encouragement.

I'll have a seat open in the Audi, although I have no idea where I would pick her up from. confused24.gif

I have a feeling that this trip is going to be fueled by RedBull and beer. Who needs sleep, anyway?!?

GTeener
QUOTE (mike_the_man @ Mar 15 2005, 03:03 PM)
QUOTE (Howard @ Mar 15 2005, 03:00 PM)
ALERT!  Someone snag Gwen on the way down!  She's just looking for a little encouragement.

I'll have a seat open in the Audi, although I have no idea where I would pick her up from. confused24.gif

I have a feeling that this trip is going to be fueled by RedBull and beer. Who needs sleep, anyway?!?

Thanks for the offer Mike smile.gif

I have transportation if I don't drive the 914, but not my preference of course wink.gif

Is there a Fri early evening caravan leaving the Bay Area that I could tag along with?
SirAndy
QUOTE (nebreitling @ Mar 15 2005, 01:01 PM)
this is gonna hurt

dude, how old are you? 70? rolleyes.gif

you can sleep when you're dead!
biggrin.gif Andy

nebreitling
hey! i'll be 26 soon. and i'm really starting to feel it.

lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif
nebreitling
QUOTE (GTeener @ Mar 15 2005, 03:08 PM)
Is there a Fri early evening caravan leaving the Bay Area that I could tag along with?

what's up, gwen -- you're not up for a little adventure???!
GTeener
QUOTE (nebreitling @ Mar 15 2005, 03:58 PM)
QUOTE (GTeener @ Mar 15 2005, 03:08 PM)

what's up, gwen -- you're not up for a little adventure???!

I like some adventures, but rarely the the mechanical kinds when I'm alone.
drew365
QUOTE (nebreitling @ Mar 15 2005, 03:56 PM)

lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif

Damn, I'd like to feel twenty six.

Oh yeah, and whats an ensamble. Is it like Electric Light Orchestra? biggrin.gif
redshift
QUOTE (nebreitling @ Mar 15 2005, 02:55 PM)
so three weeks ago, an ensemble i was commissioned to write a piece for changed the date of the performance.

Awesome man! I am impressed.

M
GTeener
leave it to the folks to remind me of my family obligations that weekend dry.gif I'm definitely a no-can-go-play sad.gif Next year!
mike_the_man
QUOTE (nebreitling @ Mar 15 2005, 03:56 PM)

Bah, I'm going to be 27 soon! Suck it up, Nancy! biggrin.gif

I'll see you there. beerchug.gif

Toast
for the WCC 04, Slits and I drove up to San Jose from Riverside, but were only able to spend 1 and 1/2 days. I would have really loved to see #4 and attend the swap meet,
but,
I had a blast on Laguna Seca, the 914 runs, and getting to meet many of the members here.
I would definatly do it again, even if I only had one day.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.