Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: sealant
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
80cap
I about to reinstall the a pillar trim and rubber. I see the factory used some kind of sealant between the a pillar trim and body work. Is this RTV or some other adhesion.
One step at a time!
Brian idea.gif
80cap
QUOTE(80cap @ Dec 27 2015, 02:38 PM) *

I about to reinstall the a pillar trim and rubber. I see the factory used some kind of sealant between the a pillar trim and body work. Is this RTV or some other adhesion.
One step at a time!
Brian idea.gif

bump
Cracker
I don't know buy I felt bad no one chimed in...someone has got to know this - "pretty please" those with magnificent knowledge.

Bump.

Tony
Evill Ed
QUOTE(80cap @ Dec 27 2015, 11:38 AM) *

One step at a time!
Brian idea.gif

If you are referring to sealant between the metal backer strip and the body, it is black butyl. 3M make it, it is called strip caulk, also referred to as dum dum in the auotbody trade. Summit Racing has it http://www.summitracing.com/parts/tes-0857...CFZaPHwody5wNjw

Regards,
Ed
80cap
QUOTE(Evill Ed @ Dec 28 2015, 10:16 AM) *

QUOTE(80cap @ Dec 27 2015, 11:38 AM) *

One step at a time!
Brian idea.gif

If you are referring to sealant between the metal backer strip and the body, it is black butyl. 3M make it, it is called strip caulk, also referred to as dum dum in the auotbody trade. Summit Racing has it http://www.summitracing.com/parts/tes-0857...CFZaPHwody5wNjw

Regards,
Ed

Thanks
Brian
cary
http://www.cincinnati-tool.com/auto-glass-...tive-butyl-tape

I buy it a NAPA.
rgalla9146

One step at a time!
Brian idea.gif

It probably was RTV or butyl originally. Those strips can be hell to remove.
DumDum is probably a better choice today, it will allow easier adjustment later.
But it should be flattened so that the trim will lay flat.
pdlightning
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Dec 29 2015, 08:12 AM) *

One step at a time!
Brian idea.gif

It probably was RTV or butyl originally. Those strips can be hell to remove.
DumDum is probably a better choice today, it will allow easier adjustment later.
But it should be flattened so that the trim will lay flat.

I just ordered some from Amazon.com . It was under 20 bucks with free shipping for Prime members.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.