Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: D/FW area folks.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TheCabinetmaker
Hope everyone there is ok.
bandjoey
All the storm damage went east of Dallas. Haven't heard of any 914 people damage yet.
Grelber
The tornado jumped right over my son's house in Lavon. He had a GoPro out and got pics of it. Houses to the north and south were hit. Lucky as hell.
Rob-O
Okay here in the southern part of the Metroplex, but jeez that was some wild weather.
ClayPerrine
We are fine.

It was all way east of here.

Ferg
I was driving back to Boulder from San Antonio in the RV and was just barely ahead of it around Lubbock, I could see the cloud front, no joke outside air temp dropped 26 degrees in under five minutes never experienced that before. RV, even our small one in 60mph crosswind was no fun...

Hope everyone is ok.

Rob-O
Yeah in two days we experienced high 70's temps, then tornadoes that evening, then torrential rains as the temps dropped into the 40's, some flash flooding, hail, freezing rain/sleet and just a tiny bit of snow. But Clay is right, the bad tornadoes were on the eastern side of the DFW Metroplex. The worst of the tornadoes (about 11 of them) was an EF4, with sustained winds of 180mph plus, on the ground for 13 straight miles and approximately 20 minutes and at its largest was 550 yards wide.
dakotaewing
Tornados took out a neighborhood about 3 miles from my house. We have friends of about 15 years that lost their house - it's a total.
They weren't home, so everybody's OK minus the family Chihuahua, that hasn't been found yet.
This is a shot of their street I took yesterday. That's their house on the left -
stevegm
QUOTE(dakotaewing @ Dec 28 2015, 10:38 PM) *

Tornados took out a neighborhood about 3 miles from my house. We have friends of about 15 years that lost their house - it's a total.
They weren't home, so everybody's OK minus the family Chihuahua, that hasn't been found yet.
This is a shot of their street I took yesterday. That's their house on the left -

That is so sad. If there is anything we can do to help out let us know.
theleschyouknow
sorry to see that dakotawing anything we can do to help let me know
all good here in w fw
02loftsmoor
All is well in Ft. Worth .
vw505
I was there this morning, i saw whole apartment complex's withe ghere roffs riped off and the debris were all over I30.
Puebloswatcop
QUOTE(Grelber @ Dec 28 2015, 10:28 AM) *

The tornado jumped right over my son's house in Lavon. He had a GoPro out and got pics of it. Houses to the north and south were hit. Lucky as hell.

Same with my niece and nephew in Lavon....Guess it wiped out a gas station there too.Very Lucky
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.