Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Package from Wilwood Engineering just arrived !!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
12.19" diameter rotor, it'll bolt onto to a 911 front hub and the new 4-lug billet hubs as long as I don't screw anything up with the mods screwy.gif smash.gif
Mueller
qwerty
machina
what calipers fit?

will 15" fuchs work with it?
Jeroen
how they fit to a 911 hub?
I only count 4 holes laugh.gif
Does Wilwood drill 'm to your specs?
MecGen
I count six holes...
Joe

beerchug.gif
Mueller
QUOTE (synthesisdv @ Mar 15 2005, 03:35 PM)
what calipers fit?

these are for my 4-piston aluminum RX-7 calipers....the standard 911 and SC, Carrera calipers might work, I'll know later on.......

Mueller
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Mar 15 2005, 03:40 PM)
how they fit to a 911 hub?
I only count 4 holes laugh.gif
Does Wilwood drill 'm to your specs?

what part of "Got some machining to do tonight smile.gif " do you not understand??? lol2.gif screwy.gif smile.gif

yes, Wilwood will make them to the specs you want and need, not sure if they charge extra or not, I'm guessing they do.........

First I'll open up the center hole to ~4.70 and then add the 5 thru holes for the rotor to be bolted to the hub just like the factory 911 one-piece rotor is.
Mueller
..now that I think about it...I hope so smile.gif ...my "street" rims are 17's so no problem at all, but if I get more serious with auto-x'n, the 15" rims would be much more "cost-effective" to purchase and run wacko.gif
john rogers
Whoa looks nice. On a related note, did the studs issue ever get resolved?
Mueller
QUOTE (john rogers @ Mar 15 2005, 04:34 PM)
Whoa looks nice. On a related note, did the studs issue ever get resolved?

yes and no....I'm waiting to hear back from the company to find out if the 80mm studs will work for you....depending on how thick the metal is on your wheels....in the picture here, I have the 90mm studs, subtract ~15mm for the amount of threads that screw into the flange/hub.

That leaves 75mm, subtract 25mm for the 1" inch spacer you are running.....what I am worried about is that the nut for the wheel will hit the unthreaded portion of the stud.....

On the front of my car, I am using the 90mm stud, but my spacer is 1.125" thick and luckly the unthreaded portion of the stud protrudes past the spacer just about 3.5mm

What I can do is send you one hub with the 90mm studs installed to test fit with your spacer and wheel....I can send it out tommorow if you want.
Jeroen
keep us posted on the fitment with 911 calipers
IIRC the 911 rotors are something like 285 or 290mm dia (911 up to '89 that is)

what's the thickness of these rotors?
(I think you answered that in an earlier thread, but I can't remember wacko.gif )
Mueller
the stock dia rotors are like 280mm in dia. X 20mm thick

these are 309,6mm X 20,6mm thick

Wilwood does have a 280mm diameter rotor that is the same basic design as this one pictured, that unit would be better for stock calipers.........no adapters would be needed for the caliper.......
john rogers
That would be fine. I think you have my address still? I have a bunch of wheels in the garage now getting tires put on and such. I have a source for racing studs (various lengths), fully threaded and I'll get it and send it off if you'd like.
Mueller
QUOTE (john rogers @ Mar 15 2005, 06:02 PM)
That would be fine. I think you have my address still? I have a bunch of wheels in the garage now getting tires put on and such. I have a source for racing studs (various lengths), fully threaded and I'll get it and send it off if you'd like.

I still have your address......I couldn't find good quality studs fully threaded....I have a set of the cheaper ones sold by Prestige Wheel which work, but I'd feel way safer with the BBS Racing studs....

Not sure if I asked, what year are your front struts?...these hubs only work with the '73-76 struts
john rogers
Front struts are 73. I agree with the studs should be NOT cheap. The ones we use are through one of the racing machine shops in the LA area that Black Forest has used for many years. I think they are like close to $200 a set (with spares)? They also make those weird sort of lug bolts with the very long hex area so deep sockets fit on there nice!.
Mueller
played in the shop last night smash.gif

Mueller
If I was to do this again, I'd use the "blank" hats Wilwood sells or possibly make the hats myself....

Mueller
the "mythical" billet hub smile.gif
Aaron Cox
so A) these will bolt up to my 72 911 hubs? (assuming you machine them)
cool.gif whats the cost for these bad boys?

c) what ginormous calipers can i mount on these rotors....adapter central! biggrin.gif
Mueller
rotors are about $30 a pop..the hat is pricey at $120 ea, but you should never have to buy those again, I'm going to try and find a cheaper method...

these rotors are .81 thick, thicker rotors with the same mounting pattern are available as well, so almost any caliper can be adapted to work if one so desires.....

I need to find a 911 front suspension to try these on and see what wheels work and don't work......not too high on my priority list, I need to focus on my car 1st smile.gif
fiid
911 front end is at my house. It's not going anywhere. Say the word :-)

Fiid.
Mueller
Hey Fiid..thanks....what year? 3" or 3.5" caliper spacing???
BIGKAT_83
Must be wilwood day I got these Forged Superlite calibers today also. $115 each shipped. I had to fab up some mounts these are on a old 3" spacing strut.

Bob welder.gif
fiid
QUOTE (Mueller @ Mar 16 2005, 09:30 PM)
Hey Fiid..thanks....what year? 3" or 3.5" caliper spacing???

not sure what yr - A-caliper bilstein with 3.5" spacing.

SteveSr
QUOTE (Mueller @ Mar 15 2005, 02:18 PM)
it'll bolt onto to a 911 front hub and the new 4-lug billet hubs

So Mike,
If I bought the new aluminum hubs drilled for 5 bolt. I could keep my 914 struts and use the Volvo calipers with 911 hats?

SteveSr
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.