Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1973 1.7 KINDA ORANGE
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
muddboy
*update: car is sold thank you to everyone. sorry I wasn't able to get back to all of you.*

I am selling my 73 1.7 complete but not running. $1500 OBO.

Last registered 2008 located in Ahaheim near 91&57 fwy

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Fuel injection is all here and calibrated and working. I removed it to replace the hose connections at the plenum, and was not able to complete it before life changed. It also was broken into and the driver side small window was broken and the driver door handle (I have replacement handles). It has suffered in storage. Rubber is all dried up/ cracked.

Now at the point I need to move this car on. Listed this about a year ago. I had a couple of guys come look at it but I never had listed a price. However life events have a way of changing things for us. This car will be gone at the end of Feb. (junk yard/ pick a part).
ndfrigi
pm sent
Sedonut
Did you do a non-op in California?

If not, the back fees for a CA buyer might be high.

VWTortuga336
Sent you a PM
Mueller
QUOTE(Sedonut @ Dec 29 2015, 03:27 PM) *

Did you do a non-op in California?

If not, the back fees for a CA buyer might be high.

You can use a Registration service which many times can get it knocked down to a few hundred if that.
billh1963
If those are real Fuchs this is a screaming deal! Merry Christmas to the person who gets this car.
VWTortuga336
PM and email sent with no response. Maybe the holidays have the seller tied up? confused24.gif
liebe
QUOTE(muddboy @ Dec 29 2015, 09:48 PM) *

*update: car is sold thank you to everyone. sorry I wasn't able to get back to all of you.*

I am selling my 73 1.7 complete but not running. $1500 OBO.

Last registered 2008 located in Ahaheim near 91&57 fwy

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Fuel injection is all here and calibrated and working. I removed it to replace the hose connections at the plenum, and was not able to complete it before life changed. It also was broken into and the driver side small window was broken and the driver door handle (I have replacement handles). It has suffered in storage. Rubber is all dried up/ cracked.

Now at the point I need to move this car on. Listed this about a year ago. I had a couple of guys come look at it but I never had listed a price. However life events have a way of changing things for us. This car will be gone at the end of Feb. (junk yard/ pick a part).

Is it possible to find out if the car is going to a Pick a aprt or junk yard, i would like some parts from it. PM is fine

thanks
ndfrigi
Bought it yesterday! solid car except that usual hole underneath the battery tray.
complete car and rebuilt FI systems included ready to install and maybe body paint.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Sedonut
Noel,
Unless you have a spare engine lying around, the first thing I would do is drain the "oil" and see how much water is in there.

Anytime the intake is open like that and it rains you can get water in the engine.

ndfrigi
QUOTE(Sedonut @ Jan 3 2016, 02:45 PM) *

Noel,
Unless you have a spare engine lying around, the first thing I would do is drain the "oil" and see how much water is in there.

Anytime the intake is open like that and it rains you can get water in the engine.

Yes sir I will do that! The car was kept inside the owners home garage until the last 8 months only that is was move to his work place. And the intake has a nice plug into it. The previous owner used to be an engine rebuilder and I'm sure he did take care of it.

more picture of the parts of FI system.

Click to view attachment
Blue6
Nice score Noel. You're amassing quite a collection. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.