Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: 20-Years today...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cracker
...I married my better half! How long have you'all been married and stories?

PS: Son (17) & Daughter (13); and my wife Lori (she's turned 29 "every-year" for well over a decade now!). beerchug.gif

Tony

The "Hull" clan...
Click to view attachment

THE better half! beer.gif
Click to view attachment
thieuster
Congrats!

I know my wife since March 97, so we're heading towards the 20 yrs as well. Our secret (perhaps): she doesn't like classic cars and has refused to sit in one of my cars since the day I met her. I already owned two classics at that time. I am fine with that.

That agreement gives me the time to go out on a tour all by myself.

Nothing beats a long distance solo(!) dawn patrol!

Menno
Mueller
congrats.....

17 years for us!
76-914
I've been married 3 times. biggrin.gif And your right Menno. Love those long solo Dawn Patrols
Mark Henry
Easy to remember the first day I met my wife, the shuttle blew up.
Only good that came from my kidney stones, she was my nurse.
Been together 30 years the end of next month, 27 years married.
jmill
Awesome cheer.gif

I'll be married 22 years on January 8th. She was my older sisters friend and they'd walk to grammar school together. As a younger brother, I had to walk at least ten steps behind them. It worked out for me because I loved to watch the way her plaid skirt swayed back and forth as she walked. wub.gif
hndyhrr
46 years in march for me and the old man
anderssj
Congratulations, and best wishes for many happy returns!

We met in 1979, married 34 years in April (and they said it wouldn't last) biggrin.gif

We still have the 914 get-away car too:

Click to view attachment
shoguneagle
46 years last October!!She never did answer me so I am still waiting for her to tell me we are married. DO NOT TELL HER, but it is best thing that ever happened to me. She was the reason I gave up building/restoring aircraft and settled on cars, Alfa Romeo and Porsche respectively. Would not have anything without her since Sandy gave me purpose and direction.
barefoot
50 years since Feb this yr.
StratPlayer
32 years with my bride
tygaboy
Congrats Tony!

25 years in Sept. for us. When people ask why I always prioritize the HoneyDo list, I show them this picture.

Lori is one of the most tolerant wives of all times... plus: wub.gif wub.gif

How I got so lucky, I do not know.
r_towle
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Dec 29 2015, 07:57 PM) *

32 years with my bride

Look like your daughter
r_towle
29 years married, a few more living in sin
mepstein
More than 20 years but not as long as I've owned my 914.
rick 918-S
Congratulations!

Met and moved in together the next week. 6 years living in sin. Bought our first house when we were 19 years old and knew each other less than a year. Should have seen the look on the bankers face when we told him what we wanted to do... shades.gif Married 35 years this coming July wub.gif . I still can believe she picked me. wacko.gif unsure.gif smile.gif
Steve
22 for me and several more living in sin. She drove my 914 with 2.7 six and webers with no heat in the Bay Area for several years, before we got married. The webers weren't jetted right and I told her to take every gear to six grand to prevent it from loading up.
PanelBilly
Last October was our first anniversary.
Cracker
Great stories boys and girls! Thanks for sharing...allot of "mature" married folks around here. poke.gif

Tyga - You better prioritize that list! LOL! My wife is "Lori" too...

Congrats to everyone!

Tony
Bruce Hinds
Congrats Tony . . .

29 years married . . . This is her helping me put the V8 in the teener 31 years ago. I still have them both!
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
How lucky am I?
Cracker
Mad props to you Steve (and your wife)...love that picture - 914 and all!

Tony

QUOTE(anderssj @ Dec 29 2015, 07:28 PM) *

Congratulations, and best wishes for many happy returns!

We met in 1979, married 34 years in April (and they said it wouldn't last) biggrin.gif

We still have the 914 get-away car too:

Click to view attachment

mgp4591
Great job Tony (and the missus). I didn't make it that far, kinda wish we did but hey, leaves the future wide open! w00t.gif
Larmo63
My first wife passed away after 18 years of marriage, I've been hitched to Trudy for 11 years now. God help her….

Click to view attachment
bigkensteele
piratenanner.gif Great stories!!

I met my wife because she was an IT recruiter. She called me because a buddy of mine had listed me as a reference. He had listed three references, and she only needed to call one. She picked me because she liked the look and sound of my sir name "Esterle". I liked her voice and her spunk, and I ended up traveling to Minneapolis to interview with her and the company she worked for. I took a job in Cincinnati, but I could not get her off my mind, so I emailed her for several months and eventually, she agreed to let me come up and visit her. The rest is history. She moved down here to Cincinnati and we got married.

Before we had met, I bought a '76 sunflower yellow 914 that was kind of a POS. While I was dating her and flying up to MSP, she took me on a field-trip one day to her ex-boyfriend's dad's place. She was still on good terms, and this guy had a fantastic Porsche collection. The red-headed step-child was this '75 914 1.8 that he had bought to drive between his hardware stores. It looked like a parts car to me, so I offered to buy it. He told me $2k, so I took it and drove it home for 13 hours. It ended up being the better of my two cars.

Long story short, we have been married for 15 years. We have two beautiful girls and a 914 that is waiting on life to get out of the way. I have collected a lot of parts to make it happen, but I have collected a lot more family memories along the way.

Great thread! beerchug.gif
EdwardBlume
Wife and kids at RRV. Married 17+ years. She loves 914s, is my soul mate, and has raised our kids right... couldn't ask for more...
EdwardBlume
Oh and CONGRATULATIONS TONY! smilie_pokal.gif

20 years is a big deal these days... aktion035.gif
gandalf_025
Met my wife when she was 5 and I was 7... Was 1961.
We played together and grew up down the street from each other.
She hung out with me and my friends and was one of the guys.
When she turned 13, I realized she wasn't just one of the guys..
She was one of the girls also.. Things got interesting then.

She was 16 when we went to the Porsche Dealership where my dad
knew the owner and I bought my 6.
Then we had to go home and tell my dad I bought it and he needed
to go co-sign the loan the next day.

Married her in 1978..

She still hangs around.... No idea why ??
Mark Henry
QUOTE(RobW @ Dec 30 2015, 09:06 AM) *

Wife and kids at RRV. Married 17+ years. She loves 914s, is my soul mate, and has raised our kids right... couldn't ask for more...

Rob I didn't realize you guys were from Australia laugh.gif

Good looking family, lot like ours, older sister, younger brother, good looking wife and a gray haired old fart. biggrin.gif
Bruce Hinds
QUOTE(gandalf_025 @ Dec 30 2015, 09:03 AM) *

Met my wife when she was 5 and I was 7... Was 1961.
We played together and grew up down the street from each other.
She hung out with me and my friends and was one of the guys.
When she turned 13, I realized she wasn't just one of the guys..
She was one of the girls also.. Things got interesting then.

She was 16 when we went to the Porsche Dealership where my dad
knew the owner and I bought my 6.
Then we had to go home and tell my dad I bought it and he needed
to go co-sign the loan the next day.

Married her in 1978..

She still hangs around.... No idea why ??

Growing up together - Wives and Porsches
Yeah, my dad had a 356 when I was a teen and then it sat on blocks for a year or more. When I turned 16 he said I could have it if I could fix it! Here I'm about 13 with my grandmother and what was to become my first car a few years later.
Click to view attachment
My wife was raised just a mile from where I was, I new her sister and brother. I didn't meet her though until 20 years later 2000 miles from where we were raised.
We love the fact that we have the same heritage and memories of where we grew up.
Well, still working on the growing up part!
Elliot Cannon
Met 41 years ago on a blind date. We have been married 38 years. Smartest thing I have ever done. biggrin.gif
aircooledtechguy
My wife and I will be 24 years married this February. I'd do it all again in a heartbeat!!

Click to view attachment
Dion
I met my wife when I was 17 and she was 16. I'm now fifty and we've been married
for 25 years. She knows me "quite" well. Heheh. And we have 2 great kids as well!
TJB/914
50 year's last April to my loving wife.
(2) Children with (4) Grandkids.
I've been Blessed with good health and family.
Tom
Cracker
Please keep them coming - love the stories, amazing stories! My wife is getting a kick of them as I relay them to her. I didn't meet my wife until I was 24 years old - couldn't imagine knowing my wife since I was FIVE! Incredible.

PS: Getting a 356 at 16...are you KIDDING me? beerchug.gif

T
914Next
Congrats Tony and Better Half!

Sara and I have been together 12 years...married 10. Fortunatley she loves cars as much as I do. Has her own survivor '68 mustang california special and her DD is a cayman.

We met on Match.com back in the early days of internet dating. So it does work!

Click to view attachment
old914dog
I am so blessed!!
25 year anniversary in two weeks.
3 kids
5 grandkids
2 teeners
Bruce Hinds
PS: Getting a 356 at 16...are you KIDDING me? beerchug.gif

T
[/quote]

Yeah, it had been raced hard and driven in NE winters, rusty with bad paint and needed a clutch and front end bushings. Dad said if I could fix it and pay the insurance(in NY) I could have it.

Wish I still had that car, it had some real history and sure ruined me for anything else.
jimkelly
my better half for 23 11/12 years.

the day we met in dc

a month later we were engaged in new orleans

and yes, i had to make alot of promises that i did not keep to make that happen smile.gif
whitetwinturbo
................been with my sweetheart over 10 years. She likes cars, had a BMW, Jag, Porsche SUV and now back to BMW. This is not what she looks like. Shame on you all for looking before reading this post.
Click to view attachment
wes
My wife "Som" and I have been married twice once here in Thailand (just celebrated at meeting place last night) and second at home a little more than three years later 2006 in USA when I first brought Som and her son "Aum" who I consider my own, from a previous marriage home to America. I've been in three marriages first two 6 years each so when I made it past seven years with Som I realized this'll last forevermore.
She is just the most wonderful thing to come into my life and our love has produced a beautiful boy now 8 years old, yes I'm 69 years so you can easily imagine how special
This is for me. We have a beautiful home overlooking a view of a vineyard of grapes two wonderful boys and of course a perfect monster dog Koby who is loved by his cat named Cat, a crazy duck who doesn't know she's not a chicken, and I've lost count of how many chickens. I'm not an easy person to live with as I'm quite the perfectionist. At one time a friend of mine who had a upholstery shop refused to re-upholster my first 911 because as he said I was impossible to please!Click to view attachment
stinkindiesel
Will be 24 years on Valentine's Day. Seems like no time at all.

Gary
PlantMan
Married 20 years but been together for 27.

I have 4 great kids now who love cars and their mom!

Thanks be to God!
Shadowfax
Married 17 years this June. Dated 7 years before that. She is a smart, witty, beautiful and patient lady. Great wife and even better mom to our daughter.
DRPHIL914
beer.gif congratulations !
25 years back on June 16 of this year! 4 "kids" , a son 23, 3 daughters 19,16,11!

This is my beautiful wife Roshelle,.youngest daughter Isabella and oldest,.son Alek,
Also- we met 27 years ago, a blind date! Love at first site for me, only took a year to convince her, LOL! I can tell you (we were in grad school) it's not easy dating the dean's daughter! And 25 years later she's still the most beautiful red head I know, very blessed grouphug.gif
stevegm
21 years (been together for 24 years), 6 kids (20, 17, 14, 13, 8, and 6). 914s Rock. But the wife and kids make the world go around for me.
Cracker
Keep'm coming! I love hearing about everyone's family's and in some cases, the history of how they met. I've updated my info as a result too - two children aged 17 (son) & 13 (daughter).

Tony
fixer34

I had been dating a young lady for all of about 10 weeks and asked her to come
'home' with me to visit my family on the Eastern end of upstate New York, about
900 miles away. We left in the late afternoon and I drove pretty much all night,
only stopping for gas, food, and a couple hours to rest (in the 914). She said she couldn't sleep in a moving car-an hour after the sun went down, she was out.

We arrived mid-morning and spent about a week with my family. I was pretty sure she was the one, especially after having endured the 16hr trip in the 914, so I proposed while we were out there, the day we were to leave to come back. She accepted (maybe figured she had to or walk home..) and we left that afternoon. I drove all night again and we talked about our future together.

We got married in April, 1981, exactly a year after our first date. and I still have both the lady and the -6. She is also the only other one who has ever driven the 914 since I have owned it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.