Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2016 914 New Years Resolutions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EdwardBlume
Everybody's got plans for their 914s and seeing that the New Year is upon us, its time to put out some achievable 914 goals for 2016...

Here are mine:

1) Finish the ABM - pull the motor, replace the alternator, pull and rebuild the distributor, reinstall, insure and drive. Then likely sell it because....

2) Find a 914 carcass to begin my final 914 build - yet to be named - but will be very special. A few of you know what I'm up to...

3) Refresh Dad's car with all the Mikey parts I've been collecting from all the GBs - interior pad, carpet, dash, mechanical odds and ends...

4) Attend at least 2 914 events (with a car!) definitely WCR Oregon....

Happy New Year!

EdwardBlume
Oh, and stop playing with Matchbox cars.... av-943.gif
Coondog

Sell my Mustang
Sell my El Camino
Use money for 2.7 or bigger

Cry because I sold two awesome cars
Smile cause now my 914 is faster
TJB/914
Have fun!!!
Tom
JoeDees
My 914 resolution is to finish the car, but in the least to get everything but the engine and interior done.
shoguneagle
Target to finish the 914 including painting and re-assembly by the West Coast Ramble; then take a 3000 mile trip or to the first breakdown . . . . . ?????

Trip after the WCR is to the Bay Area for the Historics at Laguna Seca and then down to Flagstaff via California; return via Utah, Nevada, Montana, Idaho, Washington, and then to Grants Pass, OR. This will be the shakedown cruise.
TravisNeff
Finish the 9 million projects that I abandoned at 90% completion
falcor75
I'm going to drive my 914 around the block if I so have to get the kids to push me around.... biggrin.gif
saigon71
Just one...Rebuild my tired 2.0 D-Jet over the winter to be ready for the Hershey show in April. driving.gif
GaroldShaffer
Install bigger oil cooler up front and lines. Then driving.gif the heck out of it for the 2016 autocross season.
NeunEinVier
QUOTE(falcor75 @ Dec 30 2015, 11:22 AM) *

I'm going to drive my 914 around the block if I so have to get the kids to push me around.... biggrin.gif

Would giving the kids Red Bull be considered "turbocharging" the car?
RARE 6
Knock off at least one more leg of the bucket list trips...driving the 914-6 to all four corners of the continental U.S. San Diego/Point Loma last fall, probably the northwest sometime late spring. Northeast and Key West would remain. Plans may change as I made the mistake of showing my co-pilot a map of a trip encompassing all 48 lower states with all stops in/near national parks/monuments. That route gets close enough to the extremities of the four corners that side trips would be easy.
mgp4591
After I get my legs back (70% there so far!) I plan to start installing all the parts I've studied and bought over the last few months. Quite a collection but my time off has me jumping to get started and I've got a plan. Sure, the best laid plans, etc. etc. but ya gotta start somewhere and I'm itchin' to get going. I think I'll pass on WCR this year and concentrate on possibly RRC. I've talked to one of my girls still in GA into going to Octeenerfest- in a rented car but I'm sure there will be empty seats available. She's excited to see some cool cars and hang out with Dad for a long weekend as I am too with her but it's the roads back east that are calling to me!
Mueller
Not to post here anymore until I make some progress on the 914...we'll see how long until I break that one! See ya!
Nemisus
for me:

To actually start something out of the 2 914's I have!

So far I haven't touched McMark's 73 he sold me. Sad really... perhaps I should resolve to move on maybe?

Nah, I need to just get started!
stevegm
QUOTE(RARE 6 @ Dec 30 2015, 01:34 PM) *

Knock off at least one more leg of the bucket list trips...driving the 914-6 to all four corners of the continental U.S. San Diego/Point Loma last fall, probably the northwest sometime late spring. Northeast and Key West would remain. Plans may change as I made the mistake of showing my co-pilot a map of a trip encompassing all 48 lower states with all stops in/near national parks/monuments. That route gets close enough to the extremities of the four corners that side trips would be easy.

We are thinking about doing a cross country trip next year. I'd love to hear your advice.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Mueller @ Dec 30 2015, 12:38 PM) *

Not to post here anymore until I make some progress on the 914...we'll see how long until I break that one! See ya!

Yeah, right... slap.gif
TravisNeff
QUOTE(RobW @ Dec 30 2015, 01:58 PM) *

QUOTE(Mueller @ Dec 30 2015, 12:38 PM) *

Yeah, right... slap.gif

blink.gif laugh.gif
matthepcat
Buy another conversion 914.

Preferably of the forced induction variety.
thieuster
Just making miles (kms that is overhere). As much as possible.

The weather isn't going to be good next week: rain, black ice. That sort of things. Luckily, winters don't last long overhere.

Menno

Cairo94507
To be able to walk out into my garage, by April/May, and see my Six done, get in it and drive it.

Oh, also to stop running my sister-in-law down to my brother. Though she deserves it, slap.gif I have to stop it.
bulitt
Go to bed early yellowsleep[1].gif
pete000
Get my Six back on the ground !
wes
Simple, finally finish my 914 and get back on the road with her to all the events we can!
MoveQik
Move the oil cooler to the front of the 914.

Get the Ford Galaxie back on the road.

Oh and....become a better person, eat better, drink less and all that shit. av-943.gif
wndsnd
Drive a 914/6. Hopefully mine!
cary
QUOTE(TJB/914 @ Dec 30 2015, 06:57 AM) *

Have fun!!!
Tom

Way too funny .................
cary
1. Get a new job.
2. Attend this years WRC.
3. Finish my rustoration.
RickS
Drive it more. Much more. smile.gif
boxsterfan
Win the build-off challenge!
914dave
Finish painting and assemble my conversion by July 4th. Was in the garage all day today.
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Mike Bellis
To finally buy a battery disconnect switch and drive my car again... dry.gif
Andyrew
QUOTE(boxsterfan @ Dec 31 2015, 08:00 PM) *

Win the build-off challenge!

Click to view attachment

1. WCR
2. Complete all goals in Build Off Challenge and drive the car to work 9/14.
3. Do at least one track day (In the Fiesta) prior to going to germany and driving on The Ring.
Shadowfax
New brakes and refurbish pedal box. Would like to redo the seats and carpet but those can wait. Happy New Year, 914 peeps! white914.jpg
Larmo63
I'd like to get my new black car up to speed and solidified, get Speedy sold, and have one really solid Porsche 914. I don't really have the space for two cars, and I don't really want two. I'd like to do Route 66 and WCR in this car with it driving great.

I also envision whirrelled peas.
maf914
QUOTE(NeunEinVier @ Dec 30 2015, 10:19 AM) *

Would giving the kids Red Bull be considered "turbocharging" the car?

You can't turbo a kid! Or a 914! laugh.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jan 1 2016, 12:58 PM) *

I don't really have the space for two cars, and I don't really want two.

chair.gif poke.gif slap.gif
Hank914
QUOTE(thieuster @ Dec 30 2015, 03:33 PM) *

Just making miles (kms that is overhere). As much as possible.

The weather isn't going to be good next week: rain, black ice. That sort of things. Luckily, winters don't last long overhere.

Menno

1) Exceed last year's miles-driven.... So maybe drive it 30,000 instead of 25,000.
2) Hit at least one big 914 event...WCR, Octoberfest, ....
3) Exceed 35,000 miles in 2016
4) Exceed 40,000 miles....
5) Fly to the moon with Jeff Bezos.
oakpark
For me, it's drop the engine for a week or so and get that part ready for concours season. Then, put in the new visors I have for it, and order the replacement registration sticker for the drivers door opening. Then, try to make all the Chicago region concours events for the season.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.