Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS (Wow) 914-6 (modified) motor mount
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Cairo94507
I really want to do business with a local 914 guy in San Mateo County. However every single time I see an ad from them their prices leave me speechless (almost).

I guess if you really wanted/needed a non-stock, modified, 914-6 engine mount you could pay them almost $4K ($3,995.00) for this one....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/914-6-Used-Motor-M...0I-&vxp=mtr

I guess I am just hyper critical. I am sure someone will open their wallet and drop huge money on this used, abused part.

I don't begrudge anyone making a little money on parts, but come on....am I wrong here?
gereed75
You could fab a nicer repo from scratch for less than that
gcrotvik
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Dec 30 2015, 06:56 AM) *

I really want to do business with a local 914 guy in San Mateo County. However every single time I see an ad from them their prices leave me speechless (almost).

I guess if you really wanted/needed a non-stock, modified, 914-6 engine mount you could pay them almost $4K ($3,995.00) for this one....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/914-6-Used-Motor-M...0I-&vxp=mtr

I guess I am just hyper critical. I am sure someone will open their wallet and drop huge money on this used, abused part.

I don't begrudge anyone making a little money on parts, but come on....am I wrong here?

No, you are not wrong. Rich is a very nice, helpful guy every time I speak to him. He's looking for a nice driver's door for my 74 at this time. He quoted me a good (reasonable) price for both the door and shipping. I think he's just trying to capitalize on a unique part that someone may need. His eBay listed parts are priced high but seem to sell over time. However, I suspect he's spent more on eBay relisting fees that he collects on the parts, if/when it sells. Who knows, maybe it's working for him.

I'm not justifying Rich's prices but I have to say, we are VERY spoiled on the prices we pay for QUALITY parts on this forum and I think we all know it, and may have lost sight as to what parts really sell for if you don't know someone in the business of buying/selling 914 related parts. But, that's just my opinion.
Mueller
Rich is a nice guy and I liked hanging out over there when I worked closer to him, but yea, some of his prices are high enough to scare people away from buying parts from him or even the marque.
Interesting, my thoughts are it comes down to OEM parts and the old business of "supply and demand " scenario. I wish things were different, but that would take me back 36 + years when I started playing with these Porsche's. smile.gif
914Sixer
Stupid prices for clueless people. Look around ANY of the Porsche boards and see unreal prices. That is why I always try to get REAL world opinions.
Old Yella
Yeah, expensive.
I looked at an older 6 conversion two weeks ago.

It had the following.

Factory front engine mount complete with firewall sheet metal.
Factory 6 oil cooler and most of the correct oil lines.
5 lug 911 front end, but drilled 914 rears
Aluminum x member
Factory correct Fuchs.
2.4 MFI motor but with webers
Factory tin around the engine.

6 grand was the offer if I took it that day. I didn't. Maybe should have. Apparently no one from the forum bothers going to look at it as I was the first person and it had been on Craig's list for a week already.
Cairo94507
Damn, that would be a hell of a deal. Even if the engine was not running.
smveril
For $4000 I would at the minimum paint it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.