Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GB: LED Boards: REAR Brake/Turnsignals
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Spoke
We're starting REAR boards first, then adding FRONT boards in Feb. Will not be taking orders for front boards until they are available.

Please respond to this thread if interested. Orders will be taken in sequential order to be fair. I will PM you with payment information.

We can only build so many boards at a time so this GB will likely take a few months to complete. If I don't PM you right away, please be patient. I try to keep the payment-to-shipping time to less than 3 weeks.

The rear LED board is available in 3 different configurations:

1) Brake Light: RED LEDs: Price: $90/pair
2) Turnsignal: RED LEDs: Price: $100/pair
3) Turnsignal: AMBER LEDs: Price: $100/pair

Reverse LED Board: $60/pair

Shipping:
CONUS: $10
Canada: $25
ROW: Determined at purchase.

CONUS payment examples:
Brake LED only: $90 + $10 = $100
Brake LED and RED/AMBER Turnsignal LED: $190 + $10 = $200

Each Brake/turnsignal pair includes:
o 2 PCBs
o Brake/Taillights: 56 RED LEDs
o Turnsignals:56 AMBER (Euro) or RED (US) LEDs - Rearward facing; 8 side-facing LEDs to replace the small side running light. Side LEDs are AMBER (Euro) or RED (US) to match taillight lens.

Electrical Connection:
o Brake: Pigtail with 1157 base to plug directly into existing bulb socket.
o Turnsignal: Pigtail with 1156 base (turnsignal) and 5007 base (small side light)

6 clips for each pair to mount the boards to existing taillight housing for plug-n-play installation.

6 screws per PCB pair for clips + 1 extra

1 piggyback spade connector per turnsignal PCB pair in case existing turnsignal flasher is replaced by EP36 LED flasher from your FLAPS (early tach with separate L and R turnsignal indicators).

1 year guarantee.

Electrical Characteristics:
Brake/Turnsignal: 0.35A @ 14V (4.9 Watt) each PCB
Taillight: 0.06A @ 14V (0.8 Watt) each PCB

Example boards shown with early prototype brass clips. Clips are plastic for these boards.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
rgolia
Spoke, I am in for brake and red turn signal.
JRust
I missed last one. I am in for a Pair of turn signal & brake in Red. Thanks for doing it again. Was kicking myself last time
JeffBowlsby
So how do these look mounted in a housing? How do they look illuminated behind the lenses compared to standard incandescent bulbs and LED bulbs replacements?
Spoke
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Dec 30 2015, 04:18 PM) *

So how do these look mounted in a housing? How do they look illuminated behind the lenses compared to standard incandescent bulbs and LED bulbs replacements?

The first several posts of the link below show how everything looks in the housing. Posts 27-30 show the lights in action.

Previous GB
StratPlayer
Brake LED and RED/AMBER Turnsignal LED: $190 + $10 = $200

I'm in
dangerranger01
Sign me up for Brake LED and AMBER Turnsignal LED: $190 + $10 = $200

Thanks!
And nothing for the reverse lights?
raynekat
I'd like the LED brake light and AMBER turn signal.
Total $200.
Thanks
SKL1
Spoke- I'm in for rear brake and red turnsignal boards, US style.

Thx.
whitetwinturbo
.............I'm in for USA rear brake lights.
Spoke
QUOTE(dangerranger01 @ Dec 30 2015, 07:35 PM) *
And nothing for the reverse lights?

I'm not planning to do reverse lights. I try to focus on lights that keep our cars safe in normal operation; brakes and turnsignals.

There's lots of off-the-shelf white LED lights available. Check out the following thread for LEDs for most all the other outside lights on the 914. Eric did a great job putting this together.

Eric9144 LED Supplimental
PotterPorsche
Brake LED
jd74914
I'm in for USA red brake and turn signals. smile.gif
dangerranger01
Curious why you have colored LEDs...did you try white LEDs with the factory lenses, and were they not enough?

Also, just sent payment...
bahnzai
I am in for a set of USA red turn signals and brake lights.
$100 + $90 + $10 = $200
Thanks,
Danny
jbachert
Sign me up for:

Brake LED and RED Turnsignal LED: $190 + $10 = $200

John
Spoke
QUOTE(dangerranger01 @ Dec 31 2015, 02:35 AM) *

Curious why you have colored LEDs...did you try white LEDs with the factory lenses, and were they not enough?

LED visual spectrum is very tight whereas a standard bulb puts out most of the visual spectrum we can see. The red or amber lenses filter out all the frequencies of unwanted light so much of the light energy of the standard bulb is blocked by the lens.

It's one reason why the standard bulb burns 21W and LED boards like mine burn less than 5W and are much brighter.

Here's an example of the filtering. Most of the standard bulb energy is blocked or filtered by the lens. Most of the red LED energy passes through the red lens. This is why red or amber LED lights look so intense.

Click to view attachment

Here's the spectrum output of the white LEDs I use for front running lights. These are from CREE C503B-WAN.

Click to view attachment

The spectrum for red (C503B-RCN) and amber (C503B-ACN) that I used for brake and turnsignals. Pretty much all the energy from the LEDs passes through the lens. It is striking how much energy is blocked when a red LED board is placed behind an amber lens or amber LED board in front of a red lens.

Click to view attachment

bahnzai
Jerry,
PM received, and payment sent.
Thanks,
Danny
Olympic 914
Put me down for 1 set

Red / Red

Thanks

I'll be waiting on the fronts when you get around to doing them too.

Guess I will also be shopping for a new flasher relay.

Tom
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Dec 30 2015, 05:18 PM) *

Like this... BRIGHT! w00t.gif
no1uno
In for set of brake/US turnsignals.

Thanks
TJB/914
Spoke.
Put me down for a Red Brake LED
Send me a PM for payment info.
Tom
914forme
I know you sent me the info, but this is to put me on the list. Thank you again for a great product.

Euro Turn, Brake

And in Feb. i'll put my pre order in for the Euro fronts with blanking for the DLR!

Thank you again

Any thought on doing the reverse lights?
JimmyG
Put me in for a brake and amber turn.
Thanks!
warrenoliver
Spoke,

Put me down for a set of the red brake lights. I already have the fronts and love them.

Warrenoliver
Spoke
It's LED Christmas as Spoke's house. Met up with my assembly guys today. These are 911 square and round brakes, 911 3rd brake, 914 brakes, and 914 rear amber and red turnsignals.

SKL1
I think I see mine in there somewhere... smile.gif
dug
Put me down for 2 sets of brake and amber turn.
And 2 sets of front when we get to Feb.

thanks,
dug
falcor75
I'll take a set of brake leds please.
whitetwinturbo
Hi Jerry,
Just sent you $ through PayPal.
sunglasses.gif
BillC
QUOTE(SKL1 @ Jan 7 2016, 11:20 PM) *

I think I see mine in there somewhere... smile.gif

I think I see mine, too. piratenanner.gif
Spoke
QUOTE(BillC @ Jan 8 2016, 05:32 PM) *

I think I see mine, too. piratenanner.gif

Yep. In a box now waiting to go to the Post Office this morning.

I didn't get as many boards this week as I hoped. I'm bringing on a new guy so we've done as much talking and discussing as he did working. smile.gif

Things are slowing down with the 911 LED brake boards so my other guy is building 914 boards now too. This will only be temporary as we have 911 front turnsignal boards in the fab now.

I'm just about ready to send the 914 front turnsignal boards to the fab. Hope to complete design upgrades this week.
Shadowfax
PM sent re: 911 LEDs.
Spoke
Got a pile of assembled boards in hand but can't ship yet. Hope to get these out next week.

Notice anything wrong with them?
Cairo94507
They are not stacked very neatly....... oh and no LED lights - maybe.
jacksun
connectors?
Spoke
QUOTE(jacksun @ Jan 18 2016, 08:34 AM) *

connectors?

We have a winner. Connectors I ordered 2 weeks ago haven't come in yet. They sent a bunch other connectors I needed but not the ones for these boards.
Spoke
One week later and I'm still waiting on bulb bases. I've got a huge pile of finished boards waiting for connectors.

After they were late, I emailed a week ago Friday and they responded the bases will be "shipped in another box". When they didn't show up last week, I emailed again on Friday and this time they're just getting ready to drop in the mail.

How could shipping in another box take 2 weeks? Sounds like they were back ordered and didn't want to say it. I ordered more bulb bases from another site as backup.

Hope to get these boards out this weekend.
mbseto
Too late to get in for a red/red?
v82go
If not too late/ I would be in for a brake light only set (USA)

thanks Bob
Spoke
QUOTE(mbseto @ Jan 25 2016, 02:53 PM) *

Too late to get in for a red/red?

We're still ok with boards. PM sent.

Connectors are in the mail; by both suppliers. It figures both would come through at the same time dry.gif
Spoke
Ordered front turnsignal boards today. Will be a couple of weeks before I open a GB: for the fronts.

beerchug.gif
914forme
QUOTE(Spoke @ Jan 27 2016, 05:35 PM) *

Ordered front turnsignal boards today. Will be a couple of weeks before I open a GB: for the fronts.

beerchug.gif

drooley.gif I can't wait Euro with DLR cancel poke.gif
v82go
Hi Jerry

Payment has been sent for US brake lights only.

Thanks Bob Ferguson
914forme
piratenanner.gif Got my shipping Notice piratenanner.gif
Spoke
QUOTE(914forme @ Jan 30 2016, 10:35 AM) *

piratenanner.gif Got my shipping Notice piratenanner.gif

I'm at the Post Office now. Got most of the orders out today.
whitetwinturbo
drunk.gif Got my shipping notice drunk.gif
AZ914
Hey Spoke,

I will take a set of red brake lights + red turn signals if still available.

Thanks,
Jason
SKL1
Came yesterday- going out to garage to install today... thx Spoke.
Coondog
Came in the mail today. Thank you
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.