Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dog Tags & possible engine lid badge for WCR 2016
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
JRust
Hey In looking over notes from last time we did this in Medford. We had some discussion on doing something like Dog Tags. Not just for this event but perpetually. Something we could keep in our glove boxes even. I like the idea of something durable from the event. We do the shirts which are great but do wear over time. So I like the dog tag idea.

Another thought I had was why don't we do a engine lid badge. I remember the thread when we were looking to do them for 914world. That was a fiasco but we could easily do one for this WCR. What do you guys think?
montoya 73 2.0
We had Dan Dixon make the engraved tags. FYI, they were similar to this design but it was changed a little bit at the end. McMark gave Dan Dixon (danno55) the design if I recall correctly? It's all in the WCR 2011 planning thread.

Click to view attachment
JRust
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Jan 6 2016, 10:49 AM) *

We had Dan Dixon make the engraved tags. FYI, they were similar to this design but it was changed a little bit at the end. McMark gave Dan Dixon (danno55) the design if I recall correctly? It's all in the WCR 2011 planning thread.

Click to view attachment

Thats who did them. Sweet I need to get with him again. Although Warpig may be up for doing them too. He's working a design for us. What did you think of the Engine badge idea?
ben*james
QUOTE(JRust @ Jan 6 2016, 07:03 PM) *

QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Jan 6 2016, 10:49 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Thats who did them. Sweet I need to get with him again. Although Warpig may be up for doing them too. He's working a design for us. What did you think of the Engine badge idea?

i like the badges - as you will see. drooley.gif Getting the world badge done was a fiasco, or seemed to be one av-943.gif

JRust
Yeah touched base with Dan Dixon again. He is good to do tags if needed. Warpig was also possibly doing them. So waiting to touch base with him before I have Dan do them.

On the badges I'd like to hear from Mark Whitesell. They only turned into a Fiasco because to many people voted & gave input. Then nobody seemed happy & finally they just scrapped it. We could have one for WCR without the same issue's. I just don't how difficult they were going to be to produce. Obviously would be pretty easy to price ourselves out of doing it. So I'll wait to hear from Mark on that
montoya 73 2.0
I like the idea of badges but more than likely they will be expensive.

I like the dog tags, but they were engraved instead of laser cut. I was thinking engraving the world logo, the location and the silhouette, but cut the WCR 16. or some combination of them? Either way, it is nice to have something more!
JRust
Update Dan is making the Dog tags for us. Ordered 75 of them at $3.50 each. Each full registrant will get one in their registration goodie bag.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.