Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anybody use these seats?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
quadracerx
Started thinking about new seats for the V8 car, these seem reasonably priced but not sure if they fit our cars?

The car will have the factory console too, so height and width both may be issues? My cars are not nearby as I am recovering from hip replacement surgery...

I think I want to use the "wider version" too... If they will fit?

http://corbeau.com/forza.html

Thanks for the help...

Steve
Larmo63
The price sure seems right.
cary
I put them in my 911.
pdlightning
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Dec 30 2015, 07:40 PM) *

The price sure seems right.

I believe these seats are intended for 911's.

I just completed modifying a set of 911 seats because I thought they would fit in my 914. Trial fit without seat adjusters seemed like they would fit. I mortified the frames before reupholstery for the 914 stock seat adjusters, completed the reupholstery with heated seats too. Remounted the stock adjusters and attempted to install in the car. They are too wide at the base to fit the 914. Now I have a great set of 911 seats, that don't fit, but keep your behind warm ! headbang.gif headbang.gif

My point is, 911 seats won't fit in our cars , even with modification and stock 914 adjusters.

Anyone need 911 seats???? rolleyes.gif
Mike Bellis
I have one. It fits a 914 but the padding on the back is thin. A long drive will imprint the shape of the spring on your back.
garrettlee2
He's right no lower back padding and because of how tall the sides are it makes getting in and out with the top on tuff.
quadracerx
But you are saying that they will fit?

Do you have the factory console?

The extra wide seat adds an 1" in width and possibly height, will they still fit?

What mounting brackets did you use?

Thanks,

Steve
Bills914-4
QUOTE(quadracerx @ Dec 31 2015, 05:41 AM) *

The extra wide seat adds an 1" in width and possibly height, will they still fit?

Thanks,

Steve

I have the Forza II (wider for my big ass, 38 waist biggrin.gif ) in mine, I had to change my
parking brake lever to a later one ( non folding) , they do take up space in the 914
cabin dry.gif , when I bought mine they were $ 400.00 pair delivered (4-5 years ago),
they are mounted on stock adjusters , I'm 5'10" and clear no problem can even wear
my hat with top off & the wind does not blow it off biggrin.gif , Bill D.
here's a few pic's hope this helps

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

ThePaintedMan
I had them in our car, thanks to FourBlade's generous donation. Unfortunately, even when we used adapters to get them to bolt to the factory seat sliders, we could not get them low enough to fit any driver in the car with a helmet on (with the roof on). They will physically fit, as Bill has shown, but it's pretty tight and it takes some work to put them on the sliders. You could bolt them directly to the floor, but I think that would require notching the transverse "hump" and of course, they wouldn't be adjustable. Not sure if the center console would still fit either - our car never had one as it's a track car.
sb914
QUOTE(WLD419 @ Dec 31 2015, 05:25 AM) *

QUOTE(quadracerx @ Dec 31 2015, 05:41 AM) *

Thanks,

Steve

I have the Forza II (wider for my big ass, 38 waist biggrin.gif ) in mine, I had to change my
parking brake lever to a later one ( non folding) , they do take up space in the 914
cabin dry.gif , when I bought mine they were $ 400.00 pair delivered (4-5 years ago),
they are mounted on stock adjusters , I'm 5'10" and clear no problem can even wear
my hat with top off & the wind does not blow it off biggrin.gif , Bill D.
here's a few pic's hope this helps

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Nice looking interior!
Andyrew
I have the knock off Pep boys version of those seats

Very snug, I would suggest the "wider" version.
Steve
I had them in my car awhile back and sold them. There is a tech article on installing them over at pelican parts. The adapter seat brackets raise the seat so my helmet scraped the roof. I ended up removing the seat pad and cutting it in half to give me more clearance. OTTO's later made a special seat bracket that bolted to the floor that worked better. I sold it with the seat and can't remember what it looked like. The frame is tubular steel and like others mentioned is not very comfortable for long drives on your back. It did fit, but the emergency brake is harder to get too and the seat doesn't go all the way back into the back pad
thieuster
The size of your... well... lower back is a limiting element. Trial fit/sit before you buy!

Menno
quadracerx
Sent an e-mail to Corbeau regarding fitment... They actually make a 914 specific mounting bracket and say the seats should fit?

They also gave me the name of a local dealer... They have a seat in stock so Im going there probably Saturday... If not, next week for sure.... Ill take measurements and a "test sit"...

Thanks for all the help guys...

Steve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.