Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tires everywhere
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
grantsfo
So I ordered some 205/50/15 Falken Azenis RT 615s. They were on back order so I got into a bit of a panic and ordered a set of 205/50/15 Yohohama A032R Softs. Well upon arriving home today the Azenis RT 615's were on my doorstep. The Yoko's will be here in a day.

Choices, choices. If I can "hand flare" my rear fender enough to take my 15x7" American Racing wheels I will mount the Yoko's on them for the Marina AX.

Then big question do I leave the old Falken Azenis Sports with 50% tread remaining on my street wheels or just go for it and put the 615's on the street wheels too.

I always have the option of putting the 615's on my Toyota as well. I use a 15x7 wheel on that car too.
wrpspddrvr
Burn up your old Azenis with some fun driving, mount the 615s on those wheels, mount your Yokos on the 15x7s, drive on them while the 615s are getting mounted.
Voila, you have your first Azenis set taken care of, your new ones mounted, your Yokos heat-cycled. Want my PayPal address? biggrin.gif

Cole monkeydance.gif
Trekkor
Use the Yok's...You'll love them.
Way better than the Azenis. This I know.

I'll have mine as back-up if it's sprinkling this weekend.
Yok's are excellant in the wet. Hoosiers are not.

KT
grantsfo
QUOTE (trekkor @ Mar 15 2005, 05:28 PM)
Use the Yok's...You'll love them.
Way better than the Azenis. This I know.

I'll have mine as back-up if it's sprinkling this weekend.
Yok's are excellant in the wet. Hoosiers are not.

KT

Yeah I figured the Yoko's were a good all around tire that I could drive to local events. I just need to get the Yoko's in time to mount on the 15x7 wheels to see what I need to do to the rear fenders. Based on where the wheels sits it just look like I have to flatten that inside lip on the fender.

If I do any track events this year I'll probably want the Falkens for my street set up. So it's all going to work out.
Trekkor
How's the finish on your car?

I ask because if it's not that hot, like mine, we can roll the fenders on-site in five minutes. smash.gif

Or you can do it yourself at home.

Ball bat handle, then 1 1/2" pipe then 2" pipe to "blend".

KT
grantsfo
QUOTE (trekkor @ Mar 15 2005, 05:56 PM)
How's the finish on your car?

I ask because if it's not that hot, like mine, we can roll the fenders on-site in five minutes. smash.gif

Or you can do it yourself at home.

Ball bat handle, then 1 1/2" pipe then 2" pipe to "blend".

KT

My wife helped me by backing our Audi into the rear quarter panel about a year ago. Paint is already cracked and I need to respray at least one side.

I did some similar fender "work" (I'm no Auto Body person) on my Toyota recently to get my wide rims and tires to fit on that car. I used similar "tools".

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.